Chapter 45 - The fake name

A.N: A huge thank you to anyone who has read, voted, or commented on this book. It hit 150K reads today which is completely insane. I appreciate every single interaction and I can't wait to keep writing! ILY ALL SM :)))

----------------

After a few minutes of silence, the elevator hit the bottom floor and the four heroes walked together to the parking garage where they all kept their cars and bikes and Seven spotted Happy stood next to the same black, sleek car that they had ridden in last time. Seven realised that they must have several of the same cars for things like this, the tinted glass and plain colour made it perfect.

The man looked up as they approached and Seven thought that Happy looked even less happy than last time and Seven guessed it was something to do with the extremely early hour he must have had to have woken up at.

Seven watched as Peter waved to Tony before walking around the car and sliding into the other side of the car, Tony smiling back before making his way over to Happy. 

"Okay," Natasha placed a hand on her daughter's shoulders and turned her towards her. "As soon as you leave that car you are no longer 'Seven Romanoff daughter of Natasha Romanoff,' you are now 'Seven Thomas'."

The girl paused for a second to think about it, Seven thought that Thomas was a perfectly normal last name but then again how would she know what was normal and what wasn't, she was still completely new to the ways of the world, she still didn't completely know how to use the phone in her pocket, it was just dead weight. 

She only had six contacts in it which were: Natasha, Steve, Peter, Tony, Wanda, and Bucky. When the phone was given to her Tony had put his in immediately, Natasha and Peter had asked for her phone to put their numbers in, She had asked Wanda and Steve first because she actually thought she may need their phone number. Peter told her to go round asking the team for their numbers but after having to explain to Bucky awkwardly why she wanted his number and then them both struggling to figure out where and how to put it in she had given up, deciding that it was much easier to just copy them from either Peter's phone or Natasha's. 

Suddenly she felt very out of place in the parking garage, her clothes felt too small and scratchy and she could feel every laboured breath that she took, what was she doing? She didn't know how to talk to people properly yet, she didn't know where anything was in New York, and she definitely didn't know anything about the school she was going to.

Natasha could clearly see the wave of uncertainty and panic as it washed over her daughter, her eyes unfocused and her breathing frantic.

What if I make a fool out of myself?

What if I mess up and say the wrong thing?

What if I get completely lost and don't know how to call Peter on the stupid phone I don't know how to use?

What if I'm just way too behind and aren't smart enough to catch up?

What if-

"Seven," Natasha said gently and Seven's eyes snapped back to meet her mother's. Natasha wanted nothing more than to tell her that she didn't need to go, tell her that it was okay and that she should just come straight back upstairs and they would do something else. 

She knew however that that wasn't what Seven needed, she wanted to go to school and she needed the push. If Natasha dragged her away from this now then she may never want to go back.

"I know how intimidating it is going into a completely new environment where you don't know what it will be like, but I know you can do this," She said convincingly. "It seems worse than it is, I promise you"