Chapter 4

Ethan's words kept replaying in my head. What did he mean by his words? Am I supposed to be the good girl and he's the bad boy? Is this some kind of bet or something? I was extremely confused and kind of irritated because he thinks he can just say whatever he wants and walk away.

I pushed all of the thoughts related to him to the back of my head and headed to my P.E class. One thing I learned from movies and books is always bring a sports outfit with you so you won't be in trouble if you find P.E in your schedule.

As I walked in the gym, which was really big, everyone was chatting. Boys were messing around with some balls and passing it to each other while the girls were walking around and chatting.

I went to the changing room and wore a light blue and white crop top and shorts with matching sneakers.

As soon as I walked out I got a couple of weird looks from girls saying that I'm not a runway or something and that my outfit was too over the top but I didn't care cause I was sure I looked really good in that matching set

The teacher came in and said that that day was going to be a special day because the girls had to go against the boys on a basketball match which was a little weird but I loved basketball so it wasn't much of a problem for me.

Turns out what the teacher meant was that she was going to pair one girl with another guy and they had to score against each other.

The pairs were selected randomly and I was the only one left.

The teacher scanned the room looking for a guy who didn't have a partner and her eyes landed on Ethan.

Everyone stopped talking and just looked at me showing their pity because, apparently, my "partner" was the best basketball players in the school, I didn't let that discourage me as I walked toward him.

"Don't go easy on me" I said, extending my hand.

"Don't worry, I wasn't planning on doing so anyways" he replied, smirking and shaking it.

Every pair had a ball with them and they started playing, most of them were messing around and others were flirting with each other.

I took a moment to take in my surroundings and then looked at Ethan who was eyeing me in a weird way, like he was trying to make something out of my face, the same way you look at something you saw a long time ago trying to remember when and where.

I waved my hand in front of his eyes and he looked down at me.

"Ethan, do you mind starting?" I commented, rolling my eyes.

He kept quiet for a few seconds before harshly throwing the ball at me.

"What was that?!" I yelled, barely catching the ball and glaring daggers at him.

"You were so eager to start that you cut my train of thoughts" he calmly said as he walked towards me.

"And I recall you said you liked it a little rough" he whispered the last part and his face was inches aways from mine.

I took my chance to score while he was too busy trying to get a reaction out of me.

"I'm gonna give you some advice, never get distracted during a game, and never try to get that kind of  reaction out of me because I spent too much time dealing with people like you over the years your words don't affect me anymore" I said, looking back at him.

I caught the ball and passed it to Ethan, he was extremely shocked and barely managed to wrap his hands around it, causing a smile break out on my face.

My words and voice radiated confidence and determination. I was not ready to be defeated by him, I was going to show him that I wasn't the good girl he painted me to be and that he wasn't the bad boy he thought he was.

I'm about to rewrite the rule that says good girls must fall for bad boys, watch me turn the tables.

-------------------------------------------------------
The fun is finally beginning!! What do you guys think of this chapter? Please tell me in the comments! I think we're finally getting a glimpse of Ethan and Jane's personality but brace yourselves because a lot more will be coming through!!

-Alexandra Banger