Chapter 14

After being seated and discussing the rules, Corey jumped up and claimed the right to ask the first question.

"I choose to ask Jane!" he said, dramatically pointing his finger at me.

I could've sworn he was a theater kid growing up.

"Why do you always eat the lunch you cook not the school lunch? And why do you have set times for when to eat? Is it some ballerina diet or something??" he asked, plopping his face in his hands.

"That's more than one question but I'll gladly answer. I'm a pretty picky eater and don't get me wrong, I love eating pizza and fries and all but I would very much rather eat my own food than the food someone else cooked without washing their hands and picking their nose during the process. As for the times, I just like eating regularly in set times, it helps my body digest better and it adds more control to my schedule and day so no it's not some crazy ballerina diet or something" I replied, trying to explain things as well as I can.

"I choose to ask Jane. How many boyfriends have you had in the past?" Bethany asked, wiggling her brows at me which made me a chuckle.

"Zero and I want to keep it that way" I replied, smiling.

"So you never had some international flings in different countries or a boyfriend for the weekend or something?" she asked again in disbelief.

"No, if I ever happened to have a boyfriend it would be someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. Also you asked me two questions not only one" I said, a chuckle leaving my mouth.

Bethany nodded her head and layed back while Brandon leaned close to me.

"Jane, if you were to sleep with someone, would you you prefer doing it with the lights on or off?" He asked, waiting for my reaction.

How did the atmosphere change so much?

"On" I replied, not letting any emotion show on my face even tho I was extremely flustered and embarrassed, just what was going through Brandon's head?

He looked a little taken aback, I'm sure he expected me to freak out and blush and be all over the place, however Ethan next to me choked.

On air apparently and just looked at me.

"Alright alright it's my turn to ask. What's your favorite memory from you were a child Jane?" Ethan asked and I stared deep into his eyes, for some reason, I felt like he already knew the answer.

But there's no way..... right?

"I can't remember anything from before I turned 5 which caused me to forget part of my childhood even after that age" I replied, looking down.

I usually can hold eye contact, but this time I couldn't.

The room was quiet for a few seconds and when I looked up, I met four pairs of eyes staring at me with pity and I hated it.

"Come on stop being so awkward, it's not like it hurts me or anything. What you don't know can't hurt you right? I didn't know I invited you to a pity party" I said laughing, but I'm sure it didn't reach my eyes.

I can't act like it doesn't hurt, it does, everyone keeps taking bout silly childhood memories and I can't even remember mine. The worst part is, it hurts whenever I try to remember, all I get is this throbbing headache and a tightening pain in my heart. It's like, deep down, I don't want to remember everything, whatever I forgot, it was probably for a reason.

"Okay, my turn to ask!" I said clapping my hands together, smiling from ear to ear.

"So... I pick Brandon!"

My smile turned into a smirk and Brandon gulped nervously.

"You never had a serious girlfriend, why?"

Brandon looked away, an awkward laugh escaping his mouth.

"What do you mean? Obviously I had girlfriends before.." he replied, not meeting my gaze.

"Oh come on! You know you can't lie to me, let me take a guess" I said tilting my head to the side.

"Are you perhaps, by any chance, afraid of being hurt? Maybe you can't get over your first love who rejected you and you dread love since then?"

Brandon's eyes showed shock and I knew I was right.

"Dang it I'm right!" I said laughing and jumping around, everyone looked at me and tried to suppress their laughter but they failed miserably.

"Okay who was it? I'm curious. Should I take a guess again?" I teased, watching an expression of horror creep it's way onto his face.

"No no no stop it with your guesses! I can't say who it is or else thing will be extremely awkward between us!" Brandon said practically red with embarrassment, his arms and hands waving all over the place.

"Shoot, I have to eat now" I said looking down on my phone.

"Payback's a bitch Brandon" Bethany teased, watching him glare at her.

I ran to the kitchen and heated up my lunch that I made in the morning and quickly finished my meal, feeling grateful for the fact that I can eat very fast.

"I'm done" I said walking out of the kitchen less than 10 minutes later.

"Let's go" I continued, grabbing my keys and heading to the door.

It's time for the fun to begin....
------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of this chapter? Any guesses for who Brandon's crush is?
I'll probably post another update in two days cause tomorrow and the day after are packed with extremely hard exams... Help.
Anyways, what do you think of the pace of the story? Please let me know in the comments!
If there are any grammar or spelling mistakes please let me know so I can correct them!

-Alexandra Banger