Chapter 56

Ethan and I slipped into our pajamas and headed for the bed, cuddling in each other's arms. 

"Do I get a good night kiss?" Ethan asked out of nowhere, my face resting on the crook of his neck.

"Nope" I replied, not even getting up to look at him.

"What? Why?" he asked once again, his voice sounded extremely confused.

"I just kissed you when we were at your house, that's all you get" I said sternly, glaring at him.

"Then you shouldn't have because now I've grown greedy and I wanna kiss you again" he replied, pouting.

"Gosh, you're reminding me of Sean right now" I muttered, throwing my arm over my eyes.

"Don't compare me to that ass- idiot" he groaned, copying my actions.

"Then stop acting like him!" I almost yelled out, staring at him intensely.

That seemed like it struck Ethan as his eyes widened, he quickly apologized and pulled me closer to his chest, resting his chin on my head.

"Are you mad at me?" I quietly asked, afraid of the answer.

"No, of course I'm not. I'm more mad at myself for acting selfishly" he mumbled, squeezing me tighter.

"But you weren't selfish you expressed what you wanted and you're allowed to do that, it's okay you did nothing wrong" I said, slightly pushing him away to look at his face.

"I know I just didn't want to make you uncomfortable or anything, it's just that I really really wanna be with you in every way possible" he replied, slowly dazing as he said the last part.

"Are you okay?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

"Yeah" he quickly replied, slightly blushing.

I frowned a bit but still cuddled closer to him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I love you" he whispered more to himself than to me.

"I love you too" I whispered back, lifting my head to look at him.

He gently smiled at me and kissed my forehead, resting his chin on my head once again and pulling me as close as possible without hurting me or limiting my breathing.

I sighed in content, snuggling closer into his chest and started slowly drifting to sleep.

Before I knew it, the alarm starting ringing loudly so I quickly got up to turn it off, not wanting to wake up Ethan when it's still early in the morning.

I showered and got dressed, running downstairs to make food, I put some classical music and started cooking, dancing along the way.

Suddenly, I felt arms snake around my waist so I immediately turned around only to bump heads with Ethan.

"You scared the life out of me" I breathed out, holding my nose.

"I was trying to act cute and husband material you didn't need to hit me woman" he grunted, his face in a frown.

We stared at each other for a couple of seconds, serious expressions on until we both burst out laughing, unable to contain it any longer.

I shook my head and continued cooking while Ethan held me, burying his face in the back of my neck.

"What did I do to deserve you?" he whispered.

"I ask myself the same question everyday" I whispered back, kissing his cheek.

I placed breakfast on the table and we ate and talked about whatever came to our minds until Ethan had to go shower and get dressed.

"Just go to my closet and you'll find something you can wear, I have some men's clothes in there and before you ask why or how, they're comfortable, oversized and cheaper than women's oversized clothes" I yelled as he started the shower.

I heard him and chuckle and mumble a sure before closing the bathroom door.

I sat on the table, yes, on the table and did my homework for the next few weeks as well as preparing for future lessons.

I heard steps coming down so I went and wore my shoes while Ethan wore his.

"Can I drive?" Ethan asked, giving me his best puppy eye look.

"Nope, get your fine piece of meat in that passenger's seat and let this girl right here drive" I replied, imitating my best southern accent.

He chuckled and tackled me to the floor, making us both fall on our heads.

"You're gonna givens a concussion one day" I grunted, playfully punching his shoulder.

"Worth it" he whispered, smiling and closing his eyes.

I got up and helped him up, both of us getting into the car and heading to school.

We continued with our day like normal until it was time for us to go home, I quickly texted my friends to meet me near my car while I was running some errands for the teacher.

I walked down the halls until I felt someone grab my arm, I quickly turned around to see Matthew.

His face was red and his eyes were wide, he breathing was extremely quick and he looked like he was freaking out about something.

"What's wrong?" I asked, internally wanting to shove him off and head for my friends.

"You- you lied!" he yelled, the veins in his neck practically popping out.

"What?! What do you mean?" I questioned, confusion written all over my face.

"You lied, you- you said there was nothing going between you and that bastard. I saw you- I watched you kiss him last night, I thought- I thought he forced himself on you but you were the one who kissed him. You let him touch you, why, why did you lie?!"
He was pacing back and forth, he obviously didn't get any sleep and he wasn't thinking straight, I don't even know if he can think straight.

I was confused for a second, I didn't know what to do. I felt anger, fear, disgust and anxiety all mix and create this sickening feeling inside of me that wouldn't let me think properly. 

"I will explain everything, tonight. Meet me at the park, the one on the way to school" I said, trying hard to not let my voice shake or break.

He was about to protest until he saw how tight my grip on my back bag was and how my hands shook ever so slightly.

He nodded and practically ran out, leaving me standing there.

I quickly headed for the door, running towards my car that had all of my friends huddled up next to it.

"We need to set the plan in motion, tonight" I said, panting from running and fear.

"What? Why?" Beth asked, obviously confused.

"Matthew, he stopped me on the way back here. He said he watched us last night, he saw us kiss and now he feels betrayed and he thinks I lied to to him, which I did but still he looked like he was crazy his eyes were red and wide and his was extremely creepy for some reason he looked different he had bags under his eyes and his hair was all over the place. If that guy really is a mentally unstable, I would even go as far as calling him a psychopath, then we don't have any time left"

They all exchanged worried glances and Ethan hugged me, followed by all of out friends.

I really don't feel good about any of this....
———————————————————————————
So I'm sure y'all are gonna hate me in the next chapter BUT....
I honestly don't know what to say lmao I just want you guys to be emotionally prepared and that's it.
There will also be a Q&A for me and the characters so yeah, that's all I gotta say.

-Alexandra Banger