Chapter 49

I woke up to myself being wrapped in Ethan's arms, his face buried in my chest.

I slightly blushed and tried to stand up or get him off of me, he groaned and sunk his head deeper in my chest, completely oblivious to what he was doing, suddenly my phone started ringing and I struggled to take it from my nightstand and when I looked at the caller, it showed an unsaved number.

I slightly frowned and picked up, being greeted by Matthew's voice.

"Hey Jane!"

I was slightly taken aback, why was he calling me? And more importantly, how did he get my number?

"Hello Matthew! How are you doing?" I said in a chirpy tone, trying to act innocent and pretend I didn't suspect anything.

"I'm doing good! Thanks for asking. I have a question I wanna ask" he said, wow, not even asking me how I was back.

"Sure, ask away" I replied.

"Are you friends with Ethan? I saw you guys leaving in your car earlier" he asked.

Wow, stalker much?

"Ethan? Not really, we live near each other and since we go to the same school we thought it'd be better to pick each other up and keep each other company at school" I lied, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

I heard him sigh and suddenly, he spoke again.

"Okay, you should probably stay away from him" he said in a slightly demanding tone.

Funny, he said the same thing about you.

"I don't really see why? He never acted weirdly but I'll definitely keep my guard up since you don't like him, it's probably for a good reason!" I replied, almost gagging at my annoying lies.

Suddenly, I felt Ethan groan so I quickly made up some kind of excuse and hanged up on him.

"Who were you talking to?" he asked sleepily, smiling up from in between my breasts, making heat to creep up to my face.

"Matthew is starting to make me mad, he got my number from god knows where and called me asking why we got into the car together and that I should stay away from you and whatever. I also lied saying we weren't close and that we only were together cause we live near each other and we go to the same school" I said, annoyance laced to my voice.

Ethan frowned and clicked his tongue, visibly angered.

"Don't worry about trivial things darling it's no big deal" I whispered .

Ethan slightly blushed at the name I called him and buried his face in my chest again.

"These make perfect pillows, you know?" he said, grabbing my breasts and smirking, any hint of blushing or cuteness or anything remotely close gone.

I quickly swatted his hands away, blushing and covering my chest with both arms.

"You need a beating" I squeaked out, hating how little my voice sounded.

"From you? Gladly darling just make sure you tie me up so I won't squirm around too much" he teased, smirking at me in a much more teasing manner.

My face felt like it was on fire and I'm sure I was as red as a tomato, literally.

"You idiot! What are are you talking about??" I said, extremely flustered and embarrassed.

Ethan just laughed, a genuine laugh that sounded really good to my ears.

He chuckled and threw himself on me, literally, to the point where we both fell on the floor.

I hugged him close to me and sighed in content, genuinely happy.

"You know, I've always had this lingering feeling that I couldn't put my finger on, it was a feeling of emptiness and I didn't know what to do with it but after I met you, I can't feel it anymore, it's like it's gone, barely there anymore. The things that made me really unhappy, that made me loose taste in life and everything I enjoyed, the things that caused me so much anxiety and made me loose feeling in all my limbs, like I was detaching from reality, are all gone. I'm so happy I met you again" I whispered.

He hugged me really tightly and sighed, gently smiling.

Suddenly, the door swung open to reveal a disgusted Sean.

"Get off my sister!" he yelled threatningly.

"How about you get off my best friend!" I yelled out, extremely aggravated that Sean intrupted the cute moment I was having with Ethan.

"What?" he breathed out.

"You know what I'm talking about you stupid ugly crusty useless-"

I was slowly getting up, pointing my finger at Sean when Ethan hugged me from behind.

"It's okay calm down" he whispered in my ear.

I melted into his touch while Sean looked at us in disbelief.

"Hah! This is not something you see everyday, is it? Someone can calm Jane!" he said sarcastically.

"How did you even get in?" I asked.

"The gate. It has a keypad along with the door so I just opened it using the password. I just tried the random date you found in your notebook that you later used for all of your passwords" he replied nonchalantly, shrugging his shoulders.

"Yeah, about that. It's Ethan's birthday" I said, matching his carefree attitude.

"What?! You're telling me our house password is this asshole's birthday?!" he yelled in disbelief.

"Exactly" Ethan said, smirking.

"Language!" I scolded.

Sean looked so lost, like a child who has just been told his whole life was a lie.

He sighed and headed for the door.

"I'll leave you lovebirds alone" he said, sounding extremely defeated.

I smiled at him and yelled "I love you!"

"Yeah, yeah love you too" he said, extremely out of energy.

I giggled at my brother's gloomy figure as he walked away.

Ethan clicked his tongue and went back to the bed, patting the place next to him as to tell me to come and cuddle with him.

And just like that, we fell asleep in each other's arms.
-----------------------------------------------------------
My exams are finally over and it's summer break which feels surreal cause I don't have to worry for school anymore-
Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter, I really enjoyed writing it and i felt like I needed at least one chapter of Ethan and Jane being cute.
If there are any mistakes, please let me know!

-Alexandra Banger