Chapter 19

I stopped talking to Ethan after the incident at the car and lost all interaction with the guys and Beth, it hurt me but I think it's better this way, I mean, maybe one day we'll be close friends.

Maybe...

I was walking down the halls in a grey-ish pink sweater, dark blue jeans, pink and grey sneakers and pink sunglasses with my hair up in a ponytail.

I picked up some books from my locker and as I closed it I came face to face with Matthew, the same guy I had bumped into the other day

"Hi! What class do you have next?" he asked with a smile on his face.

"I think it's chemistry" I replied with uncertainty.

Actually I did know what my next class was but after what Ethan said I thought it'd be best if I became more  careful around him. He looked at me and a flash of darkness appeared on his face but he quickly covered it up, a skilled actor I'm going against, well, two can play that game.

"My name is Matthew by the way but everybody calls me Matt" he said extending his hand.

"My names is Jane, nice to meet you Matthew" I shook his hand and smiled. He looked a little shocked and confused as to why I called him by his full name.

"I only call people I'm close to by their nicknames so if you want me to call you Matt, we'll have to be a lot closer than two people who bumped into each other" I said, smiling as innocently as humanly possible.

"Is that perhaps an invitation?" he teased, smirking at me.

I inwardly cringed and had the urge to throw up, when Matthew does it is really different from when Ethan does it.

This whole interaction is making me want to throw up but I need to keep my mask on if I want to beat this guy at his own game, what's better than acting like a naive innocent white rich girl? Works every time and people always believe it.

I waved him goodbye and went to my class. By the time it was lunch, instead of going home I went to the cafeteria and picked up a tray of food that had pizza, juice, mashed potatoes, a sandwich, more pizza and an apple.

I eat a lot, I know, because my plate looked huge as I walked towards the table where Ethan and the others were sitting. When I sat down, they all looked at me weirdly like I had grown two heads.

"I wanna talk to you guys about something important" I said looking at them all.

Brandon asked everyone else to leave the table until only Ethan, Corey, Brandon, Beth and me were left in the table.

"I wanna know everything about this Matthew guy" i said, munching my pizza.

If they haven't looked at me weirdly before, now they definitely did.

"All you need to know is that he's dangerous and that you need to stay away from him" Beth replied, looking at me sternly.

"Don't you think there's actually something you can tell me" I asked, a little annoyed because everyone kept treating me like I couldn't handle myself, like I was this breakable little porcelain doll that needed to be kept in a glass container safe from the outside world.

"I promised to destroy him, to defeat him, and if you're not gonna help me then so be it" I said standing up and walking away.

My tray was empty because, as I said, I eat really fast and honestly, I was really mad at them. I'm sure I'm gonna bring down this Matthew guy.

Suddenly, I stopped in my tracks.

Who did I promise? Why did I promise to destroy Matthew? Why do I hate Matthew so much?

Maybe I should look into booking with a therapist
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for this chapter being a little event less and short and for me not posting yesterday.
I'll make two updates tomorrow and that's a promise!!
Anyways, what do you think of this chapter? Do you have any guesses/theories? If so please let me know in the comments!

-Alexandra Banger