Chapter 41

I waited for Sean to start explaining as I made myself comfortable on the bed, he cleared his throat and sat on the chair in front of us.

"Aren't you going to start explaining?" I asked.

"When did you become this impatient?" he chuckled nervously.

"I don't know, a lot of things are bound to change, especially after 4 years" I replied, bitterness filling my voice.

He cleared his throat once again (something he does when he's nervous or awkward).

"When we were younger, Matthew was obsessed with Jane, he would do everything to get her attention in his own twisted ways. He'd torture dead animals and bring them to her, follow her around, try and climb the tree outside her window to peek at her while she sleeps. He was, as he said, in love with her but she paid him no attention and only avoided him at all costs, hanging around Ethan instead" he explained to no one in particular while looking out the window.

"When he noticed how Jane would cling to Ethan, hug him, play with him and all he became jealous. He hated Ethan and tried to attack him multiple times, setting up traps for him, trying to stab him with knifes and scissors, throwing rocks and wood on him when he was walking outside, basically all the things he could do to get him out of the picture. One day, Jane suddenly disappeared for a few months and then, he saw her on TV being crowned 'Youngest Aspiring Ballerina' and winning many competitions, he hated how many people were able to see her, love her and he hated that Ethan got to stay by her side all this time. His hate and envy started piling up and he came up with some kind of plan, he forced me and Dave to start dating, Dave didn't mind since he said he loved me. I had no choice or else he said he'd hurt Jane, I didn't know what to do so I followed his orders. After some time, he said his 'plan' wasn't working well and he decided it would work best for him if Dave cheated on me and he then asked me to run away, again, threatening me with hurting you. I knew he was mentally instable and his father supported him, his father was even crazier and if he wanted to do something, he would be able to do it if he just asked his dad for help. With his father being involved with numerous gangs, Matthew being crazy and psychotic and Dave being a hot-headed violent bastard I didn't know what to do. I couldn't tell you anything because I was scared they would hurt you and mom and dad" he sighed and rubbed his eyes, reliving the painful memories.

A tear slipped on my cheek and soon after it was followed by a flood of salty tears blurring my vision.

'This is all my fault, if it hadn't been for me, my brother wouldn't have to date someone he didn't like, he wouldn't have to leave everything he loved behind, he would still be with me and my parents. He suffered all these years because of me' I internally yelled as more tears began to flood down.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped around me. I looked up and my eyes were met with blue ones.

Sean looked at me sadly, his eyes shiny because of the tears threatening to spill, his dark brown hair falling like curtains in front of his face.

"I'm sorry" he whispered hugging me tightly.

"No, it's my fault. If it hadn't been for me, none of this would've happened" I whispered, trying to keep my voice even.

He hugged me tighter, trying to convince me it wasn't my fault but my mind was already set on it. I blamed myself for everything that was happening and soon my anxiety started taking over.

Suddenly, the door was forced open and a messy looking Corey came in.

"Guys, come save Brandon I think Beth is gonna kill him" he yelled, obviously he woke up less than a few minutes ago.

I wiped my tears and tore myself away from Sean's embrace, running to Beth's room and she was hitting Brandon multiple times.

"What's going on?" I yelled.
They paid me no attention and continued their bickering.

"Alright both of you sit your asses down and tell me what the hell is going on!" I yelled loudly and I could've sworn I felt the walls grumble.

They let go of each other and sat down.

I crossed my arms and sat on the chair in front of them, glaring at both of them as they gulped.

"Are you gonna sit here in silence forever like useless porcelain dolls?" I coldly said, my emotions mixing up.

"Porcelain dolls are pretty at least" I continued.

They gulped once again and Beth started speaking.

"Brandon was going through my clothes so I hit him"

"That's because she hid my phone somewhere in her closet!" he explained.

"And you hit him because he went through your clothes? Am I hearing this right?" I asked menacingly.

"Y-yes" Beth stuttered.

"Look me in the eyes Bethany is there another reason you fought" I asked looking her dead in the eye.

"Yes" she replied, closing her mouth with both her hands after she realized what she did.

"So that's what it feels like to be under your 'predator gaze'"she breathed out.

"Alright Brandon what is the other reason you guys fought?" I asked, turning my attention back to Brandon who flinshed at my sudden question.

"I- um, I found this box inside her closet and, um..."

"I don't have all day spit it out" I gritted out.

"She had this box of different colored wigs and other stuff I couldn't see because she pulled me off" he said.

Ethan and Corey started laughing like crazy and I turned my attention back to them.

"You think you're so innocent? How about you Ethan? Do you think I'm gonna let what happened yesterday slide?" I questioned him calmly, taking slow steps toward him.

He stumbled back and lowered his gaze, I was about to scold him again when I heard Corey chuckle by my side.

"What gives you the right to laugh? You barged into my bedroom and started yelling like a madman in the middle of the street. You couldn't come in between them and stop the fight, could you? Or maybe you just enjoy the drama? How about I give you something really dramatic to enjoy" I threatened.

"Come on Jay-Jay don't be so hard on the kid" my brother said, patting my shoulder.

"And what makes you think you have the right to speak? Also, why did you suddenly step up for Corey but not for others?"

Sean gulped and took a few steps back.

This should be interesting.....
-----------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of this chapter? Do you have any theories as to why Beth has different weird wigs in her closet? Please let me know!
Also, if I'm being honest, I hate self-promotion (why I never ask my readers to vote or comment unless I ask them if there are any mistakes) but if you would like, you can check out my other book 'hanging on by a thread' on my profile, it would mean a lot to me but if it's not your cup of tea, it's totally fine and okay.
Thank you for all the support I've been given up until now, it mean so much to me.

-Alexandra Banger