Chapter 26

Ethan's POV

Jane was unconscious for three days now, I stayed with her the whole time, wishing for her to wake up.

There she was, at the hospital, for the second time because of me. I wanted to think that me staying by her side would be fine but I was wrong, the longer we're together, the more she will suffer, and I don't want that for her, to anyone but her.

*********
It was now two weeks with Jane in the hospital, her parents went on their personal accounts saying that Jane was taking a break until an undecided date.

They couldn't go on her account because she never gave anyone the passwords saying her supporters talk about personal things to her and she doesn't want to disclose their secrets and problems to anyone, even her parents. Typical Jane...

I was sitting next to her with the boys and Beth in the room, a few minutes later her parents and mine came in and sat on the chairs a little far away from the bed.

"I'm sorry" I whispered, my hand gripping hers tightly because deep down, this was all my fault, since the very beginning.

"Don't worry Ethan it's not your fault, stop blaming yourself, if Jane was awake now she'd give you a couple of smacks right across the face to get some sense into you" said Jane's mother smiling.

I chuckled and held Jane's arm that had an IV drop inserted in it, the doctor came in with two nurses and started speaking.

"It's been two weeks since she's been unconscious, we did some tests and her body is fine, there is no damage in her brain that could affect her but we're afraid that she'll lose all of her memories again and won't be able to retrieve them. Any more psychological damage will be evaluated after she wakes up"

Tears started falling from my eyes and I felt Jane's hand move in mine.

"Like hell if I can forget Ethan being an asshole" she whispered, rubbing her head.

Everyone looked at her shocked because she woke up.

As grumpy as ever might I add.

"You guys are so loud I was trying to enjoy some sleep before waking up and having to deal with the world again but noo you decided to get all weepy on me" she continued, furrowing her brows.

Without thinking, I hugged her really tightly I thought I'd crush her, forgetting that she literally just woke up from a two weeks old slumber.

"Okay big boy let go or my lungs will give out" she whispered, tapping my back.

I let go and was grinning from ear to ear, I don't remember being this happy since we were young.

Her parents came up to her and hugged her while scolding her at the same time, when they let go, she motioned for my parents to do the same and come hug her since she couldn't get up, my parents pulled her in a close embrace and my sister soon came running, sweat all over her, and threw herself on Jane sobbing like crazy.

She kept going on and on about how she was really scared that Jane would never wake up, a few minutes later of my beloved sister acting like a drama queen and Jane comforting her she stood up and let her breathe for a second, damn, girls really have an infinite amount of tears.

Beth and the boys were hesitant to come and hug her because of what happened the other day but Jane was more than happy to make up with them and hug them, all in all, everyone was fucking happy.

When things have calmed down and everyone regained their seats, Jane nudged my shoulder and loudly said.

"So hubby what did you do while I was out cold?"

She had an evil smirk on her face and I couldn't help but stumble back and fall from my seat and her nickname that she used to call me when we were young.

"What... what are you saying?" I stuttered. Damn, there goes my chance at being a bad boy!

Jane looked at me and burst out laughing like crazy, soon everyone joined her and they all were crying because they laughed too much.

"This is not funny!" I yelled out but they ignored me and went in about how funny the situation was just to spite me.

After the whole laughing fit was over the doctors said that Jane could be discharged the next day and that it was okay for her to continue dancing and go to school, I offered to stay by her side since her parents had to clean the house and get it ready for her and my parents had their jobs to attend to so I was the only one left after Beth and the boys left to go home and rest.

Jane laid there, quietly, looking at the ceiling, suddenly, she turned around and started looking right into my eyes.

"Can I keep calling you hubby sometimes?" she asked, and I just couldn't refuse her big doe puppy eyes.

"Why?" I managed to say.

"Well, you keep calling me Jay-bear all the time, don't you think it's only fair if I call you hubby? Plus it'd be your way of making me feel better and it'd make me really really happy" she replied.

I couldn't keep looking at her so turned my head to the side, staring at the suddenly very interesting wall.

"Fine"

I felt Jane shift next to me and when I turned around, I saw that she turned her whole body to the side and hugged (or more like cuddled) my arm, getting ready to fall asleep.

"Don't you think it's a little absurd that you slept for two weeks yet here you are getting ready to sleep again?" I said smirking.

"I'll think of a response tomorrow, I'm tired now" she whispered and closed her eyes, pulling my arm tighter between hers.

Soon, she fell asleep and all I remembered was stroking her soft wavy hair until I fell into deep slumber.
-----------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of this chapter? Just to clarify this is about the middle of the book I would say? We still have the Matthew 'problem' we have to solve and Corey and Brandon being twins (I'm sure y'all forgot about this, I just didn't have the 'space' to mention it since it's a pretty sensitive topic in the book) and some other less significant things to do along the way.
Anyways, please tell me your thoughts and if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes please let me know so I can correct them!

-Alexandra Banger