Chapter 46

We spent the remaining time of our stay at Paris looking around and enjoying the scenery, Ethan and I didn't really talk about what happened that night while we were in the balcony and we didn't exactly talk about how we will proceed with this whole relationship thing, we confessed our feelings to each other but we weren't exactly dating, I mean, he said I was his girlfriend but we definitely didn't act like a couple.

'Why is this so confusing!' I internally yelled, frustrated by my thoughts.

"Jane! Did you finish packing? We should head to the airport soon!" Beth yelled from the other side of the hallway.

I quickly zipped my suitcase and ran outside, my luggage trailing behind me as I made my way to the limo that was waiting for us in front of our hotel.

"Ah! The perks of having a famous rich friend" Corey said, relaxing into the soft leather of his seat and letting out a sigh.

"Yeah, yeah" I replied, smiling at his relaxed and adorable figure.

No matter how hard Corey tried to look cool he always ended up being a complete cinnamon roll, at least in my eyes. I'm sure the people in school won't agree.

Speaking of school, I wondered how Ethan was gonna act once we were in school, he always kept up his bad boy image and I feel like he's gonna treat me of sorts once we're there. It made me feel a bit uneasy but it was soon gone after I remembered that no matter what happens, Ethan said he loved me and that's all that mattered. The way he acted at school was fine as long as he didn't take it too far.

I'm sure he won't, he's been my best friend and he knows me.

....right?

I was soon pulled out of my thoughts to the sound of Sean entering the car, he was wearing a dark blue suit and his hair was perfectly groomed. I rolled my eyes at his appearance while Corey stared at him in awe, a small blush tainting his cheek. Ethan just clicked his tongue in annoyance and Brandon was too busy on his phone to even care about who came in and who came out, Beth was gazing out the window, a small frown on her face.

"What's wrong Beth?" I asked, catching everyone's attention.

Beth looked flustered for a second and then cleared her throat, a little shocked from the sudden attention.

"Oh it's nothing, just thinking. We're leaving Paris today you know? I'm just taking it all in, everything that happened this month. Everything we went through, all the places we visited, it's just a little overwhelming I guess"

I looked at her weirdly, obviously there was something else going on, something else she was worried about but she didn't tell us.

I kept my eyes glued on hers, silently urging her to continue.

She finally broke eye contact and looked down.

"Nothing can get past you huh" she remarked, her signature smirk on her face.

"It's about the wigs, isn't it?" I asked.

"Man, you're so good at this! How did you know?" she replied.

"Wild guess" I said, shrugging.

"You were right, I just thought about the wigs, as weird as it sounds"

Beth was obviously uncomfortable, he body was stiff and she shifted uncomfortably her weight from one side to the other.

"Why did you have all those wigs anyway" Brandon asked.

Beth hesitated for a moment, as if she was debating whether to tell us the truth or not, whether or not she feels safe enough to share her secret with us.

"I never told anyone this but I've always wanted to be a designer, I wanted to design and make clothes, shoes, anything fashion related. Those wigs were for practice, I wanted to learn how to style hair because it's a fundemental thing for my career path, a good hairstyle can make or break a look and I might not have a hair stylist with me at all times, also fashion and design schools are filled with amazing talented people, I want to stand out. There's always someone who's gonna be better than me and I thought that if I was good at a lot of different things it'd give me and advantage"

No one uttered a word, no one spoke, we just stared at her, shocked, dumbfounded, impressed, pleased, grateful, confused.

Questions were running through my head and my brain was working a thousand miles an hour but i knew this was not a good time for me to be asking questions. I had to support her because I knew how scary it was to open up about your dreams to other people, it puts you in a vulnerable position and I wanted her to know that it was okay.

Before I could say anything, Brandon beat me to speaking and said.

"Wow! And here I thought you were going to either be a a coach or an office worker!" he laughed and put his arm around Beth, who blushed slightly at his words.

It might not has sounded as something special but given the way Beth acts around people, all tough and menacing, always hanging around boys and having a boy-ish personality, it's the greatest compliment for her. Other people might say she was crazy, 'why would a tomboy want to get into fashion?' or 'fashion is all about girly girls, not some wannabe ones like you'

I'm sure she heard all of those hurtful things growing up and even tho she is thick skinned, it can still hurt since it's your dream we're talking about.

I silently smiled and offered Brandon and thumbs up, he smirked and winked, making a silly face afterwards.

We all laughed and enjoyed our time together, making silly jokes and teasing each other all the way back home, we hardly got any sleep on the plane and as soon as the plane landed, I found Caleb waiting for me, my car keys in his hands.

I quickly ran up to him and hugged him, greeting him the usual way when I felt someone tug the hood of my sweater, pulling me up in the process.

I looked up and saw Ethan looking at me with an annoyed face, he turned to Caleb and took the keys from him, grabbing me using one arm and pulling the luggage using the other.

"Oi! Put me down!" I grumbled menacingly.

I don't doubt I looked like a child, Ethan placed me in the passenger seat and positioned himself behind the wheel, getting ready to drive.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" I yelled at him.

"Driving? And here I thought you were smart" he teased, earning a smack in the back of the head from yours truly.

"No one drives my car!" I informed.

"So? I'm not allowed to drive my girlfriend's car? Can't you make an exception cause I am your boyfriend?" he said, stressing the words defining our status.

"Nope, get your ass in the passenger seat" I replied, seeming completely unfazed when I was screaming inside.

Ethan clicked his tongue and stepped out, replacing me in the now empty seat.

"Get in guys!" I yelled.
When I looked back everyone was shocked, they looked at me like I had gone crazy?

"Boyfriend?"

"Girlfriend?"

"Couple?"

"Dating?"

"What??"

I slowly turned my head towards Ethan.

"I guess we never told them" he said.

"Oops" I replied, smiling.
----------------------------------------------------------
I'm back with another chapter! What do you guys think? Unfortunately there won't be any chapters until Sunday since my finals are on Friday and Saturday and I really really need to study.
I deeply apologize and to make up for it I tried to make this chapter a little long, there will be many chapters after my finals and I can't wait to end this book! I have many extra chapters planned after the ending so please look forward to that!!
Hope everyone is having a nice day! Again, if there are mistakes, please let me know so I can correct them! Thank you all, I wouldn't be here without you guys.

-Alexandra Banger