Chapter 51

"What do you mean you and Matthew got into a fight??" I yelled, unable to contain my shock.

Did I forget we were in a library?

Yes.

Ethan just stared at me for a couple of seconds before looking down, he wouldn't look me in the eyes no matter how hard I tried to move his head or mine.

"What happened?" I asked softly.

After a few moments of silence, Ethan sighed in frustration, he looked at me straight in the eyes and then shifted his attention to a bookshelf near us.

"He said he was going to attack you, he asked me to stay away or else he will hurt you. He went on about how unfair it was for him that you only ever paid attention to me and not him no matter how hard he tried, in his own twisted way" he started, anger rising in him as he recalled the memories.

"That's it?" I asked, the words escaping my mouth before I could process them.

Ethan looked surprised, a look that said 'how can that not be enough of a reason'.

"Those are just empty words" I said, getting up.

"How can you be so sure? Matt is a fucking psychopath" Corey intervened.

"It's because he is a psychopath that I'm so sure. I thought about his case a lot and researched it, that guy has an obsession with me, for what reason there would be many. His obsession can lead to him hurting me but he won't be able to do it, he might but it probably won't happen. He probably thinks I can love him for who he is, appreciate him, treat him nicely and be the perfect angel for him, that's why hurting me is basically going against everything he wants, he can't have me if I'm dead or in severe danger. If it did happen, he'd probably use it as a last resort so there's no need to worry and fret, let's just put our plan to motion and only time will tell"

I looked at my friends, their faces morphed into shock and disbelief.

"Congrats man you got a crazy one" Brandon said, giving Ethan and 'bro hug'.

"You wanna see crazy?" I asked, a small smile on my face.

"Nope" Brandon replied, retreating back to his seat.

"Hold on what plan?" Ethan asked, visibly confused.

"I'll tell you on the way home, your face is messed up" I said, gathering my things and getting up.

I watched as Beth, Brandon and Corey stayed put.

"Aren't you guys gonna come? Come on let's go" I continued over my shoulder, making them all smile like dorks and follow us.

We got into the car and 5 minutes later we were in my house, I quickly opened the door to be greeted by Sean, a toast in his mouth and random bags of food and snacks hugged close to him, doing an amazing job at relaxing after he flew back from a bunch of tiring meetings the day before.

Once he saw us, his mouth hung open and his toast fell to the floor, pure shock on his face.

"What are you doing?" I slowly asked.

"Well I was waiting for you to come home so we can watch movie but I see you have company and oh my god what happened to his face?" He said the last part pointing at Ethan.

"Long story short Matthew threatened us and he decided to beat him up" I replied, waving my hands nonchalantly.

I quickly looked for the first aid kit to bandage his face before his wounds and cuts became infected.

After a few minutes of me being a nurse Ethan was all fixed up, well, kinda.

"So that's your plan?" Sean asked after Corey explained everything to him.

I nodded and gathered everything back in the box, putting it in its original place.

"Sure you'll pull it off I agree it's a smart plan" Sean said while munching away at his chips, looking silly and adorable in his pajamas that were originally mine.

"Aren't those your pajamas?" Ethan asked, pointing towards Sean.

"Oh yeah they are" I replied, waving my hand in dismissal.

"It's not my fault Jane shops at the men's section, plus she has good style and they smell good and they're comfortable, why would I not wear them?" he said, waving his hands in the same manner I did.

"How does that even fit you anyways?" Beth asked, pointing towards Sean once again.

"It doesn't, that's the thing" I said, raising my eyebrows.

Sean just shrugged and continued eating his snacks, I looked to the side and noticed Corey staring at him, a slight blush on his cheeks.

Sean seemed to notice since he handed him a bag of chips.

"Here stop looking at the food like that and just tell me you want some" Sean said, faking anger.

Sean was probably too wrapped up in his food (can't blame him) to notice that what Corey wanted to eat wasn't the chips, but him.

Of well, what can I do.

Suddenly, Beth's phone started ringing and she immediately picked up, walking to the far edge of the room.

After a few hushed whispers Beth hung up, looking at us with wide eyes.
"I did it...." she whispered.

"You did what?" Brandon asked.

"She got hired by a design company, probably as a freelance designer or something" I said, cutting her off.

"Oh I'm sorry it was your news not mine" I apologized, feeling guilty for the words that rushed out of my mouth.

"No it's okay I would've been to excited to even say anything but how did you know?" She asked, seemingly more relaxed from her tense posture earlier.

"It's just that the number that called you called me a few months ago saying they will send me a few clothes especially designed for me and I remembered the number cause, you know, photographic memory, then the rest was just a conclusion I came to by logic cause why would a company call someone in their last year of high school? A girl that happens to aspire to be a designer? You can't be an intern cause you're still 18 and you haven't finished your studies so the most probable solution was a freelance designer with a temporary contract that will probably last around 3 months? I just decided to round it up after doing the math in my head"

"I told you you got a crazy one" Brandon whispered to Ethan, nudging his shoulder.

"What do you mean you rounded it up?" Corey asked.

"Basically when a company wants to hire a freelance designer, artist, architect whatever they need to give them time to finish the project and since Beth is still 18 they won't give her a big project instead they'll give her one that probably has around 2 to 5 outfits for her to design. Let's just say she takes a week to think of an idea and another week to finalize it and add the details and figure out the measurements etc that will range from 1 to 2 months and a half adding a couple of weeks so that she won't feel overwhelmed and so that she'll be able to do her work properly and make it as perfect as possible so it's around 3 months" Sean said, a little frustrated at how slow my friends are.

"Yeah what he said" I added, patting him on the back.

Everyone looked at us in shock, then they exchanged weird glances.

"The wonder siblings...." they said in a dreamy way.

"Are they always like this?" Sean asked.

"You'll get used to it they share one brain cell that doesn't even function properly" I replied, looking at them the same way my brother did, like they're some aliens that need te be experimented on.

We spent the rest of the day talking and I made dinner for everyone, afterwards they all headed home and I had a nice movie night with my brother, enjoying our horror/thriller movies.
———————————————————————————
I am so sorry for not updating for so long I had a bit of trouble writing the next chapters so for that I apologize.
We're nearing the last arc/part of the story so brace yourselves, there will some drama up ahead!
Like always, if there are any mistakes, please let me know!

-Alexandra banger