Chapter 23

The door knocked a bit rapidly after and I looked at Ethan and put my finger on my mouth telling him to keep quiet.

I slowly walked towards the door, knees bent down, making sure to not make an my kind of noise.

"Pizza delivery is here!" the person outside of the door yelled.

I didn't order pizza and I'm pretty sure Ethan didn't either since we were together the whole time, he started walking towards the door meaning to open but I quickly grabbed his arm and whisper-yelled in his ear as quietly as I could.

"Don't open the goddamn door you idiot neither of us ordered pizza! It could be theif trying to check if anyone is home or maybe even a murderer! If it's a real pizza delivery guy he is just gonna double check the address and leave after some time"

There was silence for a few minutes and I didn't let go of Ethan's arm this whole time, staring anxiously at the door.

Just as I was about to stand straight up and walk away I heard the man yell.

"Alright boys I think the house is empty! Let's do our thing and leave quickly"

I stared at Ethan wide-eyed and quickly but quietly ran upstairs grabbing him by the arm. I entered my room and locked the door shut, I grabbed my phone from my desk and tried to call my parents but the call never got through.

The door downstairs slammed open and I heard multiple footsteps walking around. I quickly called the police and told the woman on the other side of the phone what was happening, I first said the address of my home (tip if you need to call the cops say your address first before anything else in case anything happens and the police can't locate you) and then proceeded to explain what was happening.

The dispatcher was really calm and asked me to wait, I turned around and saw Ethan looking at me weirdly.

"Are you okay? Don't worry, the cops will be here soon, we'll be okay" I reassured, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"You're really calm, how? I mean, I'm not losing my shit or anything but aren't I supposed to be the one reassuring you?" he said, smirking.

I'm glad he can still joke around in these kinds of situations.

"You could say I'm a little used to it I guess, when I'm staying alone I often have people try to open my hotel rooms or whatever place I'm staying in. It really freaked me out at the very first times but I learned how to deal with it over time, it's really annoying and a little scary because this person could do all these things to you and you never know who you're going against" I answered leaning my head on the door.

Ethan was going to say something when the door of my bedroom was getting banged very very loudly, a man, different from the one who yelled at the door the first time, called over his friends.

"This door is locked boys! Someone might be inside!" he said, making my body stiffen.

I looked at Ethan who narrowed his eyes at me waiting for me to react. I just motioned for him to quietly step away from the door, we took a few steps back when we heard footsteps come closer and the people on the other side started talking.

"Either there's someone inside or there's a shit load of money hiding in there, we must open this door"

As soon as I heard these words I brought the phone next to my ear.

"Hello miss dispatcher there's a complication. The people who got into the house now are going to break the door where me and my friend are hiding, they still don't know we're here but they'll open the door soon enough to find out" I said, awkwardly smiling.

I was really scared, heck, who am I kidding, I was scared since the beginning. I grabbed Ethan's arm and walked with him towards the bed, laying under it, I had a king sized bed enough for about four people to sleep in comfortably and it was really high off the ground because I really liked the look of big beds in old fashioned movies.

I snuggled close to Ethan and hugged him close, his heart beats were fast, but mine were faster. I looked at him and suddenly I felt this sudden pain in my head, this is not the time for me to start remembering things.

Suddenly, I saw this image of a little boy looking over me and hugging me, he had a little bruise on his cheek and forehead and was smiling at me, we were in a forest and it was really dark.

"It'll be okay, as long as you're next to me everything will be fine"

He wore the same smile Ethan wore when I looked up at him, this 'dream' was similar to the one I had before, the same little boy was there and I assumed I was looking from childhood me's point of view.

Tears started falling down my cheeks and I was brought out of the dream or memory, I looked up at Ethan as he smiled at me softly and wiped my tears away.

"Don't cry Jay-bear, it'll be okay, as long as you're next to me everything will be fine" he said and his face kept switching between his and the little boy's, they both said the exact same thing.

Before I had the time to think and process what was happening the door slammed open and four men stepped in, they were talking really loudly and I took that opportunity to talk to the dispatcher.

"There are four men, I'm saying, there are four men and that's probably all of them"

The woman said something but I couldn't hear it as someone suddenly sat on the bed. I looked at Ethan that just looked at me concerned, he kissed my head and pulled me close.

If we weren't in danger, I would've enjoyed this moment or teased him about it....
-----------------------------------------------------------
Well well well, what has things come to now?
This is your reminder to not open the door at strangers or random delivery services, NOT EVEN PIZZA OKAY!? cause shit like this actually happens and you SHOULD NOT do what Jane is about to do in the next chapter but you SHOULD do what she did in this chapter, okay? Stay safe everyone.
I'll probably update the next chapter some time soon if that's possible if not I'll upload it tomorrow.

-Alexandra Banger