Chapter 22

I washed the dishes and made pop corn while I continued my talk with Ethan.

"So, what useful information can you give me?" I asked, putting the popcorn in the microwave.

Ethan looked at me and tilted his head to the side. 

"He's a professional manipulative person, he can turn a family against each other just by a few hours of getting to know them. He does have good fighting skills but he can barely manage, just enough for him to hold off a pickpocket or something. His main highlight is his manipulative behavior and his intelligence, he can detect differences in behavior patterns no matter how small they are, he can see right through lies by paying attention to body language which makes him really dangerous and he's a psychopath, a literal psychopath so I wouldn't advice testing his morals or patience or anything" he replied, crossing his arms.

"Huh? That's it? That's what you were warning me about all of this time??" I said slamming my palms on the counter.

Ethan was shocked and just looked at me with an expression that literally said 'what the freak is wrong with you?'.

"If it's a fight of intelligence, I'll have the upper hand. I dealt with manipulative people who have years of experience under their belt for years, I'm sure an 18 year old boy is no match for a bloodthirsty 50 year old CEO who will do anything to gain status, power, money and fame. I got used to dealing with all kinds of people throughout my career that I had grown immune to them and their tricks" I said leaning back on the counter.

"But it'll be fun" I continued, laughing and opening the microwave at the last second.

"You really are a weird one Jay-bear"
said Ethan, ruffling my hair.

He hasn't called me this nickname in a long time it made my heart skip a beat, I looked up at him and smiled. I know, that no matter what happens, Ethan will be by my side, in his on way, I just feel it in my heart like it's something natural, primal, normal.

When did he grow on me this much? In such short period of time? Or is it perhaps something that happened a long time ago?

My thoughts were interrupted when Ethan snatched the popcorn bag from my hands and poured it into a big bowl, smirking down at me.

He took long, quick strides towards the living room and sat in the couch.

"Aren't you gonna play some kind of movie?" he asked, plopping a few popcorns in his mouth.

I ran to his side and jumped on the couch right next to him, I grabbed the remote controller and started scanning through a bunch of movies until I found the perfect thriller psychology movie.

I started playing it and Ethan looked at me skeptically, I groaned.

"Do I really have to explain everything? I like to challenge myself and see if I can be smart enough to solve the problem proposed in the movie before they reveal it, and what better than trying to predict the most unpredictable and unreasonable people on earth? Psychopaths, psycho killers, psycho criminals and all people that fall into that category often don't have morals that we can both stand on as sane people and mentally unstable people. It makes me think outside of the box so to speak, that way I can solve more secrets or something, I don't know" I explained, rolling my eyes.

"You never cease to surprise me" Ethan said wrapping his arm around me.

In the end, all of my speculations were correct which left Ethan at a loss of words, I knew he underestimated me but I proved him wrong.

Suddenly, the bell rang and me and Ethan exchanged cautious looks. Maybe it was the effect of the movies kicking in but I knew something was wrong with the way that person rung the bell.

Whoever is on the other side, shouldn't get in....
-----------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of this chapter? Who's at the other side of the door? Is it really someone dangerous or is Jane just being paranoid?
I'll probably publish the next chapter tomorrow or the day after, sorry for the chapter being a little short but I really wanted to leave y'all on a cliffhanger.... I guess I'm evil haha.
Anyways, if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes please let me know so I can't correct them!

-Alexandra Banger