Chapter 61

The next morning, Sabrina came to visit me, much to Ethan's dismay as he kept glaring at her every time she opened her mouth to say something or even moved slightly.

He kept me wrapped in his arms the whole time and even tho it was a little embarrassing it still felt nice and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep shortly after Sabrina left.

After weeks of recovery and physical therapy I was able to move and walk but I was strictly prohibited from any heavy physical activity which meant, no running, no training, no dancing, no heavy or straining workouts.

Absolutely nothing.

"Come on Jay-bear stop sulking" Ethan whined while I was laying on the couch, my dad watching the news and my mom sitting next to him.

"That's right dear how about you go catch up to your studies or something" my mom said, smiling kindly.

"I caught up to everything" I mumbled, refusing to look at any of them.

"I told you we shouldn't have had a smart daughter" my dad complained, rolling his eyes as my mom scolded him, playfully hitting his arm.

"Let's go do something fun" Ethan suggested, earning a pointed glare from my dad.

"Woah not that kind of fun, I meant like an amusement park or the cinema or something not like drugs or alcohol or things..." he nervously continued as soon as he caught his stare.

"That better be it or we'll both spend the night at the police station, again" my dad threatened, making me throw a nearby pillow at him.

"I will go to jail if you guys to stop bickering" I said, glaring at them as my dad mumbled something about me being too much like him.

"Where's Sean?" Ethan asked, looking around the house from his spot on the floor.

"He went back to settle some business, he's working on moving the company headquarters here or in the next city since it's only like a ten minutes drive or so" I replied, staring at the ceiling.

"Okay well, let's get you out of this pathetic ball of misery you're living in" Ethan suddenly said, grabbing both my arms and lifting me up.

"Watch your mouth!" I threatened, making him chuckle.

"You shouldn't be worried about Jane dear she can handle Ethan quite well and he's such a good boy" my mom said, patting my dad's chest.

"Let's go to the park, come on" Ethan suggested, obviously starting to get annoyed by me.

"The doctors said you'll heal faster if you are happier and I will make you happy now get up" he continued, making me give him an unimpressed look.

"That makes absolutely no sense but A+ for effort" I said, putting my thumb up and smiling slightly as he chuckled at my weird expression.

After another half an hour of fighting and my dad yelling at us for being loud since he already didn't like the fact that I had a boyfriend we left the house and went for my car.

"Can I drive this time?" Ethan asked, giving me his best pleading look.

"Nope" I replied, ready to open the passenger door for him.

"Please?" he whispered, hesitant.

"Now that I think about it, if you beg me I'll let you drive it" I joked, expecting he'd curse and get in the passenger seat but instead he got on his knees and held both my hands in his.

"Please, Jane let me drive your car, just this once. Please, I'm begging you" he said, smirking as my cheeks started turning red.

Why was my mind wandering around now.

"Get up" I mumbled, trying to cover my face that felt like fire but he wouldn't let my hands go.

"So you will let me drive your car? Please?" he asked, bringing my hands closer to his face and cupping it.

"Yes! Yes! Now please get up before my father comes out and sees this" I replied, dying from embarrassment as my whole face felt too hot to handle.

In a split second, his behavior completely changed and he got up, snatched the keys from my hand and kissed my cheek.

"You're the only person thinking of indecent stuff love your father would be proud you have me on my knees" he remarked, making my glare at him wholeheartedly.

"I did not think of anything indecent in fact you did since you assumed I did I would ever do that" I said in disbelief, watching a smug expression form on his face as he got behind the wheel.

"Sure, keep telling yourself that" he mumbled, making me roll my eyes in annoyance.

"We rarely ever kiss how could I ever think of anything more" I whispered, refusing to look at him while I got into the car.

"Aw, is my little kitten feeling sad? Do you want more kisses?" he teased, earning another glare from me.

"I think this whole 'I'm gonna let you drive' thing is making you too happy and is giving you too much confidence watch yourself or I will open the door and kick you out" I threatened, making him smile at me.

"I love you, you know that" he said before pecking my lips and starting the engine.

"That was not even a real kiss!" I complained, feeling cheated.

"My, my, aren't you greedy?" he teased again, making me hit his shoulder.

Hard.

"I will go through with my plan to open the door and kick you out" I said, glaring at him as he looked like he was in pain.

"That was a hard one I didn't deserve it" he yelled, gripping the steering wheel tighter as he started going into the city.

"You deserve to be kicked out and run over and I will do it" I argued.

"Fine" he mumbled, slowing down and turning towards me before kissing me.

It caught me off-guard at first, but then I closed my eyes and started kissing him back before he pulled away.

The kiss always seemed to end too soon.

Or maybe I just always wanted more.

"Was that enough for you?" he asked, smiling at the blush that dusted my cheeks.

I don't know what's with me and blushing today.

"Hardly, but I accept it" I replied, trying to keep a serious face on but I bet I just looked weird.

I never succeeded in faking my emotions or masking them when I was around Ethan.

"Okay, now let's go to the park" he said, smiling brightly.

After a short drive, we got to a park near the outskirts of the city and we sat there and talked, laughed, joked, took silly pictures together and just had fun.

It was refreshing and to be honest, exactly what I needed to lift my spirits.

But I soon got really tired, maybe it was the injury, maybe it was the fact that I was having too much fun but Ethan ended up having to carry me inside the car and back home.

My parents weren't home, or at least I don't think they were since I couldn't hear them and Ethan carried me to my room.

"Sleep with me tonight" I whispered, half asleep as I tugged the sleeve of his shirt.

"Okay" Ethan whispered back, heading for the bathroom to probably change then slipping next to me and wrapping his arms around me.

"I love you" I whispered before drifting to sleep.
———————————————————————————
Okay so I kind of need help with something...
Do you guys feel like the story is finished as of right now? Since Jane got her memories back, we got her brother back, defeated Matthew, I'm obviously going to add a time skip as to what happens to them afterwards and some extras but the story is finished? I don't want to drag it any longer so it would be nice if you could comment and say if you feel like the story needs anything more or if something has been left unresolved or unexplained.

-Alexandra Banger