Chapter 28

I spent the rest of the week managing school and making calls to ensure the necessities of the trip, like plane tickets, hotel rooms, stages, transportation, food and I had to practice like crazy every single day on my dancing so all of the performances would be perfect.

I'm really thankful I already had the dances figured out a long long time ago which made it much easier to practice and saved me a lot of time.

I still had to go to school and the news of me being in a 'coma' after being almost robbed spread around the school and everyday someone would bring me a bouquet of flowers and ask me how I feel and check up on me. It was absolutely sweet and adorable.
Dance class was put on hold because the so called 'teacher' quit her job, at least they had the holidays to figure it out.

After talking to everyone's parents it was decided that we will all spend the holidays traveling around and, well, I'll be working. They were all really excited and even tho their parents were really skeptical about their kids traveling around the world alone with no adult supervision and a dancing 16 year old they were really nice about it and after I explained everything about the security and bodyguards and all they were at ease.

Now all that was left was packing and that's exactly what I did. I laid on my bed after my suitcases were all prepped up and took some time to relax, I looked at the ceiling and smiled.

'I can't believe I have friends' I thought to myself as I closed my eyes, I decided to get up and go practice some more cause planning a whole tour in a week isn't something I recommend to literally anyone.

I stretched for about an hour (stretching is important kids when you're dancing ballet) and played music, dancing around slowly at first and as the dance started forming in my head my dancing became more intense and fast. I calculated every single move and made sure to have full control of my body, I paid attention to my breathing so I won't tire myself too much and made sure I didn't 'over-dance'.

I spun around as music filled my ears and a story started being written in my head.

My inspiration for this dance was from Romeo and Juliette.

What if Juliette didn't fall in love? What if their parents approved of their marriage? What if they lived the happily ever after we see in books and fairytales? What if they ran away and didn't have such tragic ending? Why did Shakespeare portray love this way?

As I was dancing, I could feel my body and my moves telling a story, one where Juliette was all alone, reminiscing the past, blaming herself, all helpless and powerless, her happiness died when the love of her life left her forever, she will never feel love, or hear the jingles of bells, she will never speak her vows to Romeo and kiss him when they finally get pronounced as husband and wife.

As the dance neared the end, my dancing became slower, more raw and full of feelings. At first it was anger, now it's numbness, Juliette, in her gown that she picked out so she could marry Romeo, climbed up a high tower and jumped down in hope to meet her love once again.

When I was done and the music stopped, I was panting heavily and sweat covered me from head to toe. I felt a couple of tears threaten to leave my eyes because when I'm dancing, I'm one with the story, I feel what I give off.

I turned around and saw my parents, Beth, Brandon, Corey and Ethan all looking at me wide eyed. My father was smirking and my Mather was crying softly.

"Don't tell me you watched the whole thing" I groaned, walking towards them.

My mother stopped crying and soon became nervous.

"No no they came a few minutes ago and we only just got here" she nervously said, fiddling with her fingers.

I knew my mother was lying because she wouldn't look me in the eyes, neither would dad.

"You know how much I hate it when people watch me practice!" I said, almost yelling at them.

"I'm too tired to even try to talk to you" I continued, throwing myself on the ground.

We all have that one thing that annoys us and we want no one to do it, and someone watching me practice is exactly that.

I covered my eyes with my arm and I felt someone come close to me, I looked up and Corey was looking down at me.

I sat up and looked him in the eyes.

"Did you see the whole dance?" I rapidly asked. 

"Yes" Corey said, soon covering his mouth.

"what did you do?" he yelled, shock obvious on his face.

My father face-palmed himself and my mother covered her face with her hands.

"I have this 'stare' that kind-of triggers someone's fight or flight response because they feel like they're in danger so they lose their ability to lie" I explained, getting up.

Corey looked at me, absolutely terrified.

"You're a monster! Why do I feel so violated?" he said, covering his chest like a teenage girl.

I laughed so hard I started crying, for some reason, this was extremely funny and I couldn't stop.

"Does it always work like that?" she asked.

"It works best with simple yes and no questions. If the answer to the question is long, the person will catch on after a few seconds and stop talking" I replied.

Beth just nodded her head and followed everyone out, as soon as we entered the living room, she rushed to my side and whispered in my ear.

"Do you think you can teach me how?"

I chuckled and said I'll try because to be honest, I don't even know how I learned it, I just did.
-----------------------------------------------------------
So what do you guys think of this chapter? I linked a song above and it's what kind of inspired the dance for me, it's really really good!
Anyways, I know Ethan didn't make much of an appearance in this chapter but you'll have plenty more of him and the crew in the next chapters! I'm really excited to write about their travels together, are you guys excited to read about them??
Okay I'll stop blabbering now cause I talk too much, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!

-Alexandra Banger