Chapter 35

I was laying in the living room couch, my head on Ethan's lap, my legs put up on a pillow and he was feeding me popcorn while we binge watched a movie sequel/line.

"Stop acting all chummy! I'm single here, you know?" Corey said, throwing a pillow at me that Ethan easily caught.

"You do realize I'm single too?" I said while Ethan kept feeding me popcorn after he put the pillow down.

"Nah, you guys are acting like an engaged couple, all over each other and being lovey dovey and shit" Brandon commented as he stole snack from Beth.

"You do realize that I can't move my body! And LANGUAGE!" I yelled, throwing a pillow at Brandon and Corey.

My arm immediately hurt and I basically wheezed in pain, putting my arm down.

"Karma bitch!" Corey whispered, struggling a laugh.

"If you assholes don't stop this second I'll shove a pole up your asses" Ethan threatened, a blank expression on his face like he had done this a million times before.

Which he probably did.

"Why didn't you go all captain America on him?" Brandon protested, throwing his arms up.

"Cause he's my hubby and he's protecting me, you said we were an engaged couple yourself" I said smiling up at Ethan who was blushing slightly.

"Playing favorites" Corey mumbled under his breath but Ethan shot him a death glare that made him shut up and watch the movie.

"What are you thinking about Beth?" I asked Beth seeing she was deep in thought.

"How will you perform tomorrow?" she replied, concerned.

"Don't worry, believe it or not this happens quite often, well not really but it does happen and I have a special routine for it, I'll also do a pretty easy but elegant dance that doesn't require much body or muscle strain. It'll a breeze" I said motioning Ethan to feed me more popcorn.

Beth nodded and turned her attention back to the TV.

To be honest, it's a little weird to be sitting here acting like nothing happened when we literally just told each other some of our deepest secrets, I'm sure they were dying to ask about my brother based on the looks they exchanged and the weird hand and body signals they sent each other. Talking about my brother isn't something I would normally do, ever, but I trust each and every single one of them so I don't exactly mind.

"Oh come on just say something instead of staring at each other like creeps!" I said frustrated.

They were all startled and they exchanged more looks.

"This is hopeless, Ethan take me to my room! I'd rather sleep if it means I won't be facing you weirdos for the next 12 hours" I continued, huffing in frustration.

I must've looked stupid given the fact that Ethan chuckled at my over dramatic reaction, but I sent him a quick glare that seemed to amuze him even more.

Suddenly, he started laughing like crazy at my glare saying I looked like a baby that isn't getting the chocolate she wanted. I couldn't do anything and a pout formed on my face which only made his laughter louder to the point where he was gasping for air, hitting his thigh with his hand.

The next second and before I knew it, everyone burst in laughing like crazy and I just laid there, a bored expression on my face because none of this is actually funny.

"Haha oh em gee this is soooo funnyyy you guys are really original it makes me tear up" I said in the best fake 'rich white girl' accent I could muster up.

They all looked at me in horror, eyes wide.

"Never, do that again, it triggers my fight or flight response" Beth said in a serious tone.

"Oh my god why would you do that that is sooo meaaaan" I said, pretending to tear up while keeping the same accent as before.

They all cringed and told me to never do it again.

"Well now I know something to piss y'all off with" I said in another accent.

"Do you have like this weird obsession with accents?" Brandon asked, his face still scrunched up from the 'white girl accent' I used.

"I don't know man, do I?" I said in a Brooklyn accent, sounding too much like Harley Quinn.

"How many accents can you imitate?" Corey asked in awe.

"I just copy the accent from shows or movies or just random people talking so I can't really tell" I replied.

"Okay let's get you to bed, we should wake up early tomorrow" Ethan said, picking me up and wrapping my arms around his neck, my legs around his waist like a little baby.

"No! Absolutely not! No one and I mean no one will wake me up early tomorrow!" I said looking straight at him only to notice how close our faces are.

At this point we were at the door of my bedroom, the others were talking in the living room about god knows what because I was too busy marveling the beauty of Ethan, his jaw was sharp enough to cut through flesh, his lips pink and plump, his eyes brown and once I looked at them, they seemed to have darkened more than they already were.

I felt heat rush to my face and I'm pretty sure I was as red as a tomato, my breath hitched in my throat under Ethan's intense gaze and soon my legs felt like jelly, if I was standing up I would've collapsed to the floor but good thing he was holding me in his arms.

'I can't do this anymore' I thought to myself as I abruptly buried my face into his neck, trying to cover up my heating cheeks and stop myself from looking at his handsome face any while longer.

He looked taken aback from the sudden movement and almost fell to the ground but he regained his balance like nothing ever happened.

He walked me towards my bed and gently put me down, towering on top of me and without warning, he leaned down and I closed my eyes.

I felt nothing for a few seconds and just as I was about to open my eyes I felt his lips on my forehead.

"Why are you scared darling?" he said smirking.

He didn't leave me a chance to reply as he went out and closed the door behind him.

'Stupid stupid stupid stupid what is wrong with you Jane! Did your braincells dissolve or something?' I internally yelled at myself before trying to fall asleep.
-----------------------------------------------------------
What do you guys think of this chapter? I know it's a little uneventful but I feel like it'd be too overwhelming if every single chapter had a lot of drama in it, however, you did git a little spice at the end (it's basically non-existant if you ask me), isn't that a good thing?
Anyways, if there are any mistakes or anything please let me know so I can correct them!

-Alexandra Banger