Chapter 45

"I love you"

"What?" I said after a long break.

I pulled away from Ethan and tried to look at his face, he kept his head down and ducked away from me.

"Ethan please look at me" I pleaded.

He slowly raised his head and stared into my eyes, his eyes were red and his cheek were a deep shade of crimson.

I stared at him for a second and said nothing which only made him more nervous as he shifted in his seat.

"Are you serious?" I managed to whisper.

"Yes I've been in love with you for as long as I can remember, you don't have to return my feelings I'm fine with being just a friend to you I just couldn't hold it in any longer"

I quickly cut him off and hugged him as tightly as humanly possible, literally hearing his back crack from the sudden and forceful movement.

"I love you too" I whispered into his ear.

I heard Ethan sniffle and he wrapped his arms around me, making me feel safe.

Somehow, this all felt like a dream, it was surreal and all I could think of was how happy I was at the moment.

I felt like I was at cloud nine, it was an indescribable feeling, my head felt light and my limbs felt detached from my body. My heart was beating at one hundred miles an hour and I couldn't think straight, my eyes started de-focusing, my breathing quickened and I felt like all the air was sucked out of my lungs.

We stayed like that for a few minutes until Ethan pulled away and went back to his usual sarcastic jerk self.

"So you've fallen head over heels for me?" he said smirking.

I rolled my eyes at his change of behavior, way to ruin the moment.

"Says the guy who was crying in my arms two seconds ago because I told him I loved him back" I snorted, scoffing at the end.

He slightly blushed and stared at me, dumbfounded, confused and a little amused.

"I thought you'd be a blushing mess" he remarked.

"Is this some kind of cliché movie? Am I the shy good girl and you're the player bad boy?" I said with a bland expression, my voice monotone and flat, showing how unamused I was in this topic or these kinds of movies.

"Geez chill out I thought girls liked sappy romances" he scoffed.

"I would very much rather watch a horror movie" I replied in a matter-of-factly tone.

We made eye contact and laughed at the situation we were in, barely five minutes ago we were sharing a sweet moment an now we're dissing romantic movie and rom-coms.

"What are we?" I asked.

"Huh? I thought it was obvious. You're really really smart academically but you're so dumb when it comes to life" he replied, shrugging.

I slightly blushed in embarrassment, my usual self back and the occasional confident Jane hiding until another chance to make herself known.

"You're my girlfriend, for now" he said.

"What? Are you planning on breaking up with me or something?" I asked loudly in disbelief.

"What?" he replied, as confused as I am.

"Ohhhhh" he said again, like he suddenly realized something.

I just stared at him, this is unreal, just what kind of situation is this? This is so awkward.

"You think the worst out of every single situation, what if it meant I was gonna marry you?" he asked me, raising his brow and giving me the 'are you freaking serious right now?' stare.

I blushed at his words and it felt like I couldn't speak, like my tongue had stopped working, it refused to do its job.

Ethan leaned closer to my face until our noses were almost touching.

"Cat got your tongue?" he teased in a cocky tone.

I closed my eyes and leaned in, Ethan was shocked at the sudden approach but he soon closed his eyes and started leaning in as well.

Just as our lips were about to touch, the moment I felt his hot breath on my skin, I swerved my head to the right, smirked and walked away.

Just as I was at the door, I looked back at Ethan who was pissed, annoyed, mad, angry and flustered.

I did a small dance and walked out, man victory is so good! I finally got him back for the tricks he played on me multiple times.

I walked to my room and closed the door, sitting on my bed and attempting to fall asleep, but I couldn't.

Every time I closed my eyes, I remembered the moment me and Ethan shared replayed in my head, the feeling of his hot breath on my lips, what would've happened if I hadn't pulled away, how soft his lips could be.

I slapped my cheeks to pull myself away from such horrid thoughts.

'Jane! You got your revenge! Be happy about it you idiot stop thinking about trivial and unimportant stuff!' I mentally yelled at myself.

Once I remembered Ethan's expression I realized that everything, every single thing, was worth. I smiled as I thought about what his reaction would be tomorrow.

I really wanna kiss him....
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone! Sorry for the delay but my finals ended today! I still have other finals on the 18th and 19th but I'm taking a break! Expect a few more updates and this is just Jane being a sadist ;)
I'm sorry for not updating for so long but hey! Summer break is right around the corners so expect more chapters!
Btw I feel like I should say this but there are only 14 chapters left in this book! This has been an amazing journey and I feel a little sad I'm not gonna be able to interact with people from here anymore but I'm also really excited to end this because I have many many projects and books coming up! Be on the lookout for new ones! Thank you all for you support! It means so much to me.

-Alexandra Banger