Extra Chapter: 1

This is gift for my friend iamnowkenma since it's her birthday, happy birthday my love <3

"Jane! Come down"

"How can I calm down, Ethan! Cherry is coming over, it's her birthday today and we aren't ready!"

"Wait, Cherry's birthday is today?!" Brandon yelled, popping his head from inside his shared room with Beth.

"What the fuck do you think, dipshit?!" I yelled back, smacking her forehead so hard everyone in the house heard it.

"Listen, darling, I think you should relax for a bit, deep breath in, deep-"

"I'll break every bone in your body if you tell me to calm down again"

And there I go again, being angry, stressed and hungry.

The cake was ready, the tickets were ready, the decorations were ready, everything was.

So why did I feel like something was missing?

"I still need to polish Cherry's gift, I'm fucked" Brandon whispered as Beth rubbed his shoulder, her brows furrowed in concern.

"And I don't know if my gift is good enough" Corey said, nervously fiddling with his fingers.

"Gosh the stress is starting to get to me, can't everyone just reason through their worries?"

But no one was listening to Ethan, Brandon had already ran back to his room to finish up his gift for Cherry while Beth desperately tried to comfort Corey and get him to realize his gift is more than amazing.

Suddenly, the front door opened and Cherry stepped in, dressed in a beautiful black dress that complimented her nicely and her long black hair was let down, framing her gorgeous face to perfection.

"I knocked but no one answered so I just let myself in- also why are you all freaking out?" Cherry asked, smiling sweetly.

"Well- uh- Brandon is-"

"Sick! My poor brother has been throwing up all day and he's as pale as a paper, his eyes lost their sparkle and he looks like the life was sucked out of him by an evil witch" Corey cut me off, his hands all over the place.

"Yes! The poor man" I agreed, faking sadness and remorse.

Using the only person not in the room as an excuse seemed like a good idea but, spoiler alert, it wasn't.

I could tell Cherry didn't buy a word that came out of our mouths, but when did she ever do that?

"Oh really? Let's call a doctor then! We can't let him stay in that miserable state any longer"

It was in that bright moment that Brandon decided to step out of his room, gift in hand, a smile on his face.

Yup, he looked healthy.

"I finished polishing the jewelry for Cherry's gift, now I won't- oh shit"

"Oh shit indeed" I whispered, massaging my forehead as Cherry chuckled.

"Did you have to lie about getting me a gift?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"Nope, but we did it anyway" I replied, walking towards her and wrapping her in a warm hug.

"Happy birthday" I whispered, squeezing her close to me.

"Yeah yeah, now give me the cake. I missed your food plus I'm starving" she joked, her eyes squeezing shut as she smiled.

"If I didn't know better I'd say my dear princess Jay-bear was in love with you" Ethan chuckled, pulling me away from Cherry as he set a heavy box in her hands.

"That's because she is, let's beat it, I'm so much better than you, in all aspects"

Before they could engage in another feud, I pushed them away from each other and dragged Cherry towards the kitchen, motioning for her to sit down while I brought the cake over.

"Happy birthday, pretty lady!" Corey yelled as he threw himself on top of Cherry while she just laughed at his actions.

"Here's your gift, a box full of all the things you love. We have snacks, hair care, skin care, new clothes and jewelry and-"

"Thank you, Corey" she cut off, hugging him tightly.

"What about you, sick man, are you just gonna stand there or hand over that gift?" she teased Brandon who was awkwardly standing there the whole time.

"Well, me, Beth and Ethan actually joined on this. I made you a necklace, a bracelet, earring and a hair-clip to match a dress that Beth made for you and Ethan got you matching shoes"

"I'm not gonna cry, I'm not gonna cry.." she whispered to herself, looking up the ceiling with a long groan.

"Come on, you'll ruin that beautiful makeup" Beth said, nudging her shoulder.

I set the cake down and began cutting it to pieces as Cherry got herself back in one solid piece and then a certain someone decided to grace us with his presence.

"Jane! Why weren't you picking up your- woah who is this pretty girl?" Sean asked as soon as he laid eyes on Cherry.

"Wow, a compliment from Sean, never thought I'd hear it"

"Oh you're that ugly duckling who was my friend when we were kids, damn, makeup really does go a long way"

"Listen here you little shit I'll skin you" she whispered, smiling despite her eyes glaring into his soul.

"Very funny, here, I didn't know what to get you and you love money so take, a few thousand dollars I was too lazy to count"

"Aww how sweet and thoughtful, you're way too nice Sean! I'm so lucky to have you as my best friend"

Sean rolled his eyes at her sarcastic tone but he couldn't fight the smile that crept up his face.

As much as he hated to admit it, reconnecting with his old best friend after all those years made him extremely happy.

"Now that everyone is here, let's enjoy our day!!" Cherry yelled, pulling us all into a group hug.

I love her....

———————————————————————————
Guess who isn't dead! Anyway, this is a gift for my best friend who stuck around since practically the beginning of this book. I love her and I wish her a happy birthday!
A little reminder is that I'm probably gonna start a second story with Corey and Sean, it's gonna be significantly shorter than this one (I think-) and if that's something that would interest you guys then comment down below!
Another reminder is that my PMs are open to everyone so if you need help with anything, have any questions, want to simply talk  or be friends don't hesitate to message me.

-Alexandra Banger