Chapter 57

!!!!!Please listen to this while reading the chapter it'll make it 1000x better, especially toward the end!!!!!

After the preparations for the dreaded meeting with Matthew I headed to the park and anxiously waited for our favorite mentally unstable specimen to show up.

Glad to know I still have my sarcasm...

I looked around and saw everything was in place, this should go perfectly well...

'I opened the door to the house and rushed in, running upstairs to get the papers I so desperately needed, the ones that had the key to defeating the madman I had to face.

"I want you guys to go to the park and install three cameras in the park, three different places, three different angles, all three carefully camouflaged and explicitly showing Matthew's face since he will be facing a away from the fountain, I'll ensure it" I told Beth and Brandon.

"Okay you can count on us" they said in union which was honestly pretty funny.

"Corey you go and make sure you put some signs that say that part of the park is not open for the public and if someone asks, tell them some man wants to propose to his girlfriend privately and rented the park or something along those lines" I told Corey who only nodded in response and rushed out, taking a few signs with him.

"Ethan you make sure the place you guys are supposed to hide in is safe and far from his field of view, somewhere he won't spot or bother looking at so you won't be in danger" I said, making Ethan nod and walk out while I got ready to face Matthew.

I had all the documents I needed, all the papers, all the crimes he and his father and brother had committed and how he could never escape any of them.

This man will end up in jail even if it's the last thing I do...'

The memories replaying in my head were cut off by the rustling in the bushes, I quickly looked at where it was coming from and got ready to attack whoever was coming for me.

Matthew stepped out of the shadows, obviously looking more put together than the mess he was at school.

"Explain to me, why did you do all of this? Why did you lead me on?" he asked, desperately trying to keep his voice calm.

"I never told you I was interested in you, I never led you on. The only thing I lied about was my relationship with Ethan which is in fact none of your business" I calmly replied which seemed to anger him and tick him off.

"Then why him? Why him out of all people? Why not me?!" He gritted out, anger visibly sowing on his features. 

"I'm sure you don't want to hear the answer to that question" I said, keeping the same calm tone.

He scowled and grunted, trying hard to keep his anger in check.

Everything is going according to plan....

"Now it's my turn to speak. I'll tell you what exactly you are. Matthew, a mentally unstable individual, committed various crimes, violated multiple laws and is facing a minimum of 27 years of prison for blackmail, attack with killing intent, theft, breaking and entering, animal cruelty, stalking, fraud, assault with weapon use, owning an unlicensed weapon, and driving under the influence. I gathered up every single piece of evidence there is to find about you. You blackmailed my brother, Sean, a shop worker into giving you an unlicensed weapon which counts as theft, stealing money from various people by breaking into their house hence the breaking and entering crime, you almost killed Ethan when I was away by throwing furniture on his head while he was out and deliberately trying to crash into his motorcycle. You cheated money out of many unsuspecting people and tortured and killed animals for your own personal fun, you stalked me multiple times, you are a monster" I stated, watching his face morph and slip deeper into shock and anger.