XXXIII. MISTLETOE

MISTLETOE!

DECEMBER 1976

DECEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

Sirius had arrived home at the Potter's a few days ago, and the tension between him and Holland was still thick, mostly because of him.

Sirius, Holland and James were sitting around the kitchen table, as Fleamont and Euphemia made breakfast for the three teenagers.

"Holland, we only have honey, would you like that on your toast?" Fleamont asked the Slytherin who quickly shook her head.

"I'll just have plain toast." She answered, making Sirius scoff, to which Holland glared at him, "I'm deathly allergic. But thanks." She told him, taking the small plate of toast that Fleamont was holding out to her, giving the man a quickk smile, before taking her breakfast up to her room.

Sirius looked up at Euphemia, who gave him a look that he knew too well.

"Be nice." She told him, before following after the girl.

***

"Mistletoe is a Muggle custom, isn't it?" Holland asked, as she watched Fleamont tie the said plant onto the kitchen archway, a box of Christmas decorations by their feet.

"Yep." The man nodded, finishing hanging up the object.

"Apparently when the tradition of kissing underneath it, they associated it with fertility, long life, good luck, health and a good harvest in the months to come." Holland said.

"You really do enjoy your Muggle Studies class, don't you?" Euphemia asked, entering the archway with a smile.

Holland chuckled to herself, "That I do." She nodded, smiling at the loving couple who gave each other a short, sweet kiss under the mistletoe.

"Holland, Darling, if it's not too much strain on your injuries, could you please go get the Christmas Tree decoration box from upstairs."

"Yeah, that's fine." The girl nodded with a smile, passing Sirius and James as she went upstairs.

"Oh, Holland there's something really important that I need to tell you." James told her, grabbing her arm.

"Let me just grab this box and then you can tell me." Holland said, continuing her way upstairs before James could object.