XCII. GIRLS' NIGHT

GIRLS' NIGHT!

MARCH 1980

• • • •

"Oh my Merlin, you're all about to pop." Bronwyn chuckled, as she, Holland, Margaret and Maxine were having a sleepover of sorts in Maxine's apartment on a warm, March evening.

"Hey, Holland's the most balloon-y out of us three!" Lily exclaimed, pointing at the Irish girl.

Holland looked over at the redhead with a gasp, "Hey! If you weren't carrying my brother's baby, I would totally throw a pillow at you right now, because I love you far too much to shove you off of the bed."

"Which, by the way, Max, is huge," Margaret said, flopping down onto the soft mattress, "And this mattress is to die for."

Maxine smirked, "Thanks. I got a pretty good deal on both of them, so you three better not suddenly give birth all over it."

Margaret rolled her eyes with a smile, "You realise I'm only a month along, right? No birthing from me this evening."

"Hey, I know nothing about being pregnant." Maxine defended herself, putting her hands up in the air.

"Did you three just plan your pregnancies so that your kids would be about the same age?" Bronwyn asked.

"Yes, Bron, we have literal 'mother's meetings', where we convene once a week to meticulously plan our pregnancies." Holland nodded sarcastically.

"You know, a simple 'no' would've answered my question," Bronwyn said with a small smirk, "No need to get all hormone-y on me."

Holland let out a laugh, chucking a pillow at her friend.

"So, Holly? Have you and Remus thought of any names for my lovely godchild?" Margaret asked with a grin.

"I still think you chose wrong, by the way." Maxine said.

"Hey!" Margaret pouted.

"No, not about you," The redhead assured, "I'm talking about Sirius."

"Oh, yeah, you're not wrong." The Hufflepuff nodded.

Holland rolled her eyes at her friend, a small smile on her face, "Yes, Remus and I have decided on both first and middle names for both a boy and a girl."

Bronwyn jumped up excitedly, "What are they?"

"You'll just have to wait and see," Holland smirked, "For now, Remus has been referring to them as either fruits or root vegetables."

"Wait, that's why he asked me to compare a baby to a grapefruit." Margaret realised.

"When I woke up today, Rem gave me a kiss good morning and then said 'And hello to you, too, my little papaya'." Holland reminisced.

"That's pretty cute, actually." Maxine said.

"It is until he gets obsessed with the specific food of the week," Holland chuckled, "I came home from work the other day, and when I went to grab an apple from the fruit bow, I was met with five papaya."

"He must be really excited." Lily smiled.

"Yeah," Holland nodded with a fond grin, "He really is. And so am I."

"What about you, Lils?" Margaret asked, "Have you and James got any baby names in the bank?"

"Actually, I could really use your help." Lily told the girls, standing up from the bed, making the others sit up and look at her.

"With what?" Bronwyn wondered.

"Well, if the baby's a girl, we're going to call them Mia, after his mother," Lily said, making her friends nod and aw, "And I need to think of a boy name quickly, because if I don't and we do have a son, then I'm going to be the mother of Prongs Potter Jr."

"Ooh." Maxine cringed at the name.

"Yeah, you don't want that." Holland shook her head.

"Exactly, so please help me." Lily begged.

"Okay, just let us think," Bronwyn told her, before the girls fell into a small silence, "...I mean, Prongs Junior really isn't that bad."

"I will kill you."

"What about Oliver?" Margaret asked.

"Eh."

"Milo?" Maxine offered.

"I don't think so."

"I still think you should just got with Prongs Junior."

"Bron." Lily warned.

Holland then bit her lip, before speaking up, "What about Harry?"

Lily thought over the name, a small smile creeping onto her face, "Harry."