LVI. HOLLAND AND REGULUS

HOLLAND AND REGULUS!

MAY 1977

6th Year

• • • •

Holland sat alone in the Slytherin Common Room, doing her Transfiguration homework. It was early morning, so no-one else was awake.

Or so she thought.

"Holland Lux doing her homework the morning it's due?" A familiar voice asked, making the girl tense, before a soft smile fluttered onto her face, "What has the world come to?"

"A habit I've picked up from your brother." Holland told regulus, as he cautiously sat down on the sofa beside her.

Regulus chuckled awkwardly, "Seems like you two are good friends."

"I told you. He's great. And you two have a lot in common," The older girl shrugged, "You two could actually get along well if atleast one of you took your head out of your ass."

The two laughed, sitting in a small silence.

"So, what are you doing up?" Holland asked.

"I don't know," Regulus told the Irish girl honestly, making her put down her quill and turn to the boy in curiosity, "Something in me kjust said to come down here. And lo and behold, here we are."

"Lo and behold." Holland nodded with a sad smile.

Regulus gave her a small grin, "I miss you, Holls."

Holland smiled back at the younger boy, her eyes starting to water, "I miss you too, Reggie."

"Is it true that you quit the Quidditch team?" Regulus asked.

"Yeah." Holland nodded with a sigh.

"And Bron, too?"

"Yeah. And now you're Captain."

"But, Hol-"

"Look, Reggie," Holland started, leaning back further into the leather sofa, "It just wasn't working. Bron and I being on that team. It's what's best for both of us. Plus, now you're the team Captain. And Seeker. That's something you've always wanted."

"Well yeah," The boy nodded, "I just didn't want to get it like this."

"You deserve this, Reggie," Holland assured him, "Just take the opportunity and do the best that you can do. You've seen me be team Captain these past three and a half years. You know what you're doing. Besides, I trusting that you'll be able to keep our three year win streak of winning the Cup."

"I won't disappoint you, Holls."

Holland smiled, "I know you won't."

Regulus grinned fondly at the girl, before giving her a tight hug, making Holland eagerly wrap her arms around the fifth year.

"I love you, Holland," Regulus muttered, "And if that Lupin guy ever hurts you, I'll hex him into oblivion."

"I love you too, Reggie," Holland said with a chuckle, "And I'll keep that in mind."

***

Margaret cheered for her house, as she watched the Quidditch game with her friends.

"What's the score?" Holland asked, as she and Bronwyn joined the group in the stands, the pair standing by their respective partners.

Their friends looked between them, the game, and them again.

"You're meant to be on the pitch!" James exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Lily nodded, "It's Hufflepuff versus Slytherin! We're meant to be watching you pummel them!"

"I feel as though I should speak up for my house, but oh well." Margaret shrugged.

"We quit." The two Slytherins shrugged, making their friends gasp.

"Oh, calm down, we all knew this would happen." Holland rolled her eyes with a small smile.

The group went back to watching the game, and the Irish girl leaned toward towards Sirius.

"How's Reggie doing?"

"How'd you think?"

"Brilliantly?"

"Of course."

"He'll do great."

"Of course he will, you taught him everything."