LXXXV. A FOREVER LOVE

A FOREVER LOVE!

JUNE 1979

• • • •

"He get to sleep okay?" Remus asked Holland, as she came into the living room of the manor, having just put a three week old Regulus to bed.

"He's sleeping like a baby." Holland smirked, making Remus laugh as she sat down next to him on the sofa.

"It's crazy to think it's only been three weeks." Remus breathed out, folding up the Daily Prophet that he was reading and putting it on the coffee table.

Holland lit the fireplace with a flick of her wand, "I know," Holland nodded, "You know, he can lift his head up for a few seconds at a time now."

"Really?"

"Yeah. And his eyes follow me around the room." The girl grinned fondly.

"He's a quick learner," Remus commented, "Just like his mother."

Holland blushed, "It's crazy to think that he's my son," She said, shaking her head, turning to look at the boy sat next to her, "I'm doing alright, aren't I? This whole parenting thing?"

Remus gently took her hand in his own, "You are doing brilliantly."

Holland smiled, resting her head on his shoulder, "Thank you for staying with me through all of this. I don't think I'd have been able to do this by myself."

Remus gave her a small grin, gently playing with her hair, "Anything for you."

***

"You know, you're not hiding your anxiety very well at all." Remus told Holland, as they sat at a table in The Swan and Hedgehog.

Holland looked over at the boy sitting next to her, sending him an apologetic look, "I'm sorry. This is just my first night away from Regulus and I'm just really worried."

"Hey, it's alright," Remus said, taking her hand in his own, "It's completely normal for you to feel that way. When my mother went out with my father for the first time after having me, they didn't even make it three steps down the drive. And besides, James and Sirius are looking after him."

"That's why I'm worried."

Remus laughed, taking a sip of his larger, "Sirius would never let anything happen to his nephew. I mean, remember when he started sobbing when he found out that you had named Reg's middle name after him."

"I'm so glad Frank took a picture of that." Holland chuckled.

Remus nodded in agreement, watching the girl pick up her drink, his eyebrows creasing in confusion, "You, uh, you're not wearing your rings." He pointed out.

Holland looked down at her left hand, before untucking the necklace from her jumper, revealing Regulus' engagement and wedding ring on a chain, "I figured it was time."

Remus nodded, before the pair sat in a small silence.

"Holland-"

"Remus-"

They both chuckled.

"You go first." The boy told her.

Holland nervously licked her lips, playing with her fingers, "I, uh. I've been thinking lately, and I, um, I've come to the conclusion that, um. Oh Merlin, I'm rambling."

"Hey," Remus muttered, making her look up at him, "It's just me. You can tell me anything."

"I, uh," Holland let out a shaky breath, before making eye contact with him, "I can't go on pretending that I'm not still madly in love with you."

Remus smiled at her words, "Neither can I."

Holland smiled, letting out a sigh of relief.

"I just don't want to push you into something you're not ready for." Remus told her.

"I've been ready to be with you ever since that night that we danced in the courtyard." Holland admitted.

"I love you, Juliet." Remus whispered.

"I love you too, Romeo."

"Can, uh, can I kiss you?" Remus asked, as their faces got closer and closer.

Holland smiled softly, "You can always kiss me, Romeo."