XXV. THE FULL MOON

THE FULL MOON!

DECEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

James lay on his bed, arms crossed, a sleeping Sirius and Peter in the beds either side of him and Remus' beds, as they were the ones in the middle. The boy's jaw was clenched as he watched Remus get ready for bed.

Noticing his stare, Remus looked up.

"Everything okay?" Remus questioned.

"Fine," James nodded curtly, "You?"

"Great, thanks." The boy nodded, sitting on his bed.

"Where'd you go off to tonight?" James asked him.

"Hmm?" Remus hummed, cocking his head to the side.

"Well, we got to the party, and ten minutes later, you were gone." James said, eyeing his friend's reaction.

Remus cleared his throat, scratching the back of his neck, "Yeah, well, uh, you know, it was quite stuffy in there," He stammered out, "And parties still aren't my thing."

"Right." James hummed.

"What?"

"You've just been acting differently these past couple of weeks." James told him.

"I guess I've just been feeling happier lately." Remus shrugged, getting under the covers.

James creased his eyebrows, arms still crossed, "Happier?"

"Yeah." Remus nodded.

"Right." James muttered.

"And besides, I'm quite tired, tomorrow and all." Remus told him.

"Right," James repeated, again, "No, yeah. Night, Moony." He said, getting under his own covers.

"Night, Prongs."

***

Swinging her arms by her sides, Holland let out a soft sigh as she walked through the halls of the deserted corridors, which were being illuminated by the full moon that shone brightly in the night sky. The girl wished that she had her boyfriend by her side, as he always brought her joy on incredibly boring prefect rounds, such as this.

Turning a corner, Holland let out a small shriek, eyes wide as she bumped into another body, the same reaction coming from the person in front of her as they both fell on the floor.

Laughs fell out of the Hufflepuff and the Slytherin's lips.

"Hi." Holland said, as the Irish girl stood up, wiping the dust off of her robes, before holding her hand out for the blonde to take.