LXXVI. A CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION

A CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION!

SEPTEMBER 1978

• • • •

"You don't need the make-up." Regulus told his wife, poking his head into their bedroom.

"No, but I like it." Holland told the boy, putting the final touches on her lipstick, before turning around to face him as he entered the room.

"Well then, I like it." Regulus smiled at her, making Holland chuckle.

"Are you sure that you don't want to come to the housewarming tonight?"

Regulus nodded, "I'm sure. And besides, I have a meeting tonight anyway.

"Right." Holland nodded with a slight frown.

Regulus gave her a soft kiss, "Say hi to Max and Bron for me."

Holland smiled, pecking his cheek, "Will do."

***

"You came!" Bronwyn grinned, hugging Holland.

"Of course I did." The older girl chuckled, pulling away from the hug.

"No Reg?" Bronwyn asked, leading Holland into the new house.

"Uh, no, he's busy tonight. He sends his love, though."

"Shame. I would've liked to see him," Bronwyn frowned, the pair nearing the living room, "Um, before we go in, I don't know if Max told you, but-"

"I know, Bron," Holland nodded, "And I should be fine."

"Okay," Bronwyn let out a sigh of relief, noticing the object in her friend's arms, "Oh, you brought a plant. Marlene's going to love that, she's always looking for new ones to put around the bedroom."

Holland chuckled, before the two of them entered the room where everyone was gathered.

"Look who made it." Bronwyn grinned, earning cheers, as people rushed to greet the Irish girl.

"It's so great that you came!" Marlene exclaimed, hugging the dark-haired girl, "Oh and you brought a plant. I bloody love you."

Holland laughed as she pulled away from the hug, her eyes locking with a familiar pair of blue eyes. Holland sent a small smile towards Remus, earning a similar one back.

"Holly!" Margaret beamed, bounding up to her friend, a tall, brunette man following her, "It's good to see you here."

"You too." Holland smiled at her and the unknown man.

"Oh, right," Margaret realised, looking between the two of them, "Holland, this is Hugo Atchley. Hugo this is Holland Lux."

"It's nice to meet you." He said with a warm smile, holding his hand out towards his girlfriend's best friend.

"It's nice to meet you, too." Holland said, shaking his hand and sending a small smirk to Margaret.

"Maggie's told be a lot about you."

"All good things, I hope." Holland chuckled.

"Of course," Hugo nodded, "It's just great to finally meet the best witch that Maggie's ever met."

Holland raised an eyebrow at the blonde girl next to her.

"There was an incident," Margaret told her, "Blame James and Sirius."

"Always do." Holland shrugged, before she was dragged away.

"Holly!" Lily smiled at the girl, giving her a warm hug.

"Lily." Holland grinned as the pair pulled away.

"I'm sorry for pulling you away from Maggie and Hugo, but I just couldn't wait to ask you." Lily told her.

"Tell me what?"

"James and I have set a date."

Holland's smile widened, grabbing the redhead's hands in excitement, "That's brilliant."

"And I want you to be my Maid of Honour."

Holland looked at the girl in shock, "Really?" She asked, the smile still present on her face.

"Yeah," Lily nodded, "So?"

"I would love to be your Maid of Honour." Holland nodded, hugging the girl.

"Well, if it isn't my sister-in-law and my soon-to-be sister-in-law." Sirius said, waltzing up to the pair with a grin.

"Sirius." Holland smiled, hugging the boy.

"Hey, Holly. How's Reg."

Holland nodded, "He's doing great."

Sirius gave her a small smile, "Good," He said, holding out a glass of wine to each of the girls, "Wine?"

Lily accepted the beverage with a grin, whilst Holland shook her head.

"You don't normally turn down a glass." Sirius noted, drinking the wine himself.

"Well, um, actually, I'll be turning it down for a while."

Sirius looked at her confused, whilst Lily nearly spat out her drink in shock.

"You're pregnant?!" She exclaimed, making everyone in the room go silent and turn to the trio, "Sorry." Lily cringed, realising what she had just done.

"Uh, yeah," Holland nodded, playing with her fingers, avoiding everyone's gaze, "I'm pregnant."

The room was silent for a moment more, before there were cheers of excitement and congratulatory hugs sent her way.

"I'm going to be an uncle!" Sirius celebrated.

Holland smiled, looking around at her friends, as Remus walked dup to her, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Uh, congratulations." He told her.

Holland gave him a small smile, "Thanks."

"I'm happy for you and Regulus," The boy said, "Really, I am. You're going to be a brilliant mother."

"Thank you, Remus." Holland nodded, the pair sending each other pained smiles.

For they both knew. If it weren't for the tragedy of their story, it would have been them who their friends were celebrating for. It would've been a Lupin.