LI. APRIL FOOLS

APRIL FOOLS!

MARCH/APRIL 1977

MARCH/APRIL 1977

6th Year

• • • •

"Is still can't believe that this place exists." Lily marvelled, looking around the Room of Requirement that she, Holland, Bronwyn and ,Margaret sat in.

"I know." Bronwyn muttered in agreement.

"Now," Holland spoke up, "On to why we're here." She said, getting a bunch of book that she had checked out of the library and dropping them on the floor.

Margaret raised an eyebrow, "You brought us here for a midnight study session?"

Holland rolled her eyes, "No," She told her friend, "What's tomorrow?"

"April Fool's Day." Bronwyn shrugged.

"And who's favourite day is that?"

"The Marauders." Margaret answered.

"Exactly," Holland nodded, still gaining blank stares, making her sigh, "I thought that it would be a fun idea for us to try and outdo them."

"Us? Outdo the Marauders?" Bronwyn asked.

"I've done my research." Holland smirked, holding up one of the books.

Lily copied the smirk, "I've been wanting to do that for years."

Margaret thought about it, "I'm in."

They all turned to the Ortolano girl.

"Bron?" The Gryffindor questioned.

The youngest of the four bit her lip, before nodding with a smile, "Okay. I'm in."

"So, how are we going to be pranking the boys?" Margaret asked giddily, as they started to look through the books that the Irish girl had brought along with her.

"Oh no," Holland shook her head, smirk growing, "We're not just going to be pranking the boys."

"What?" Bronwyn asked, confused, just like the other two girls.

"We're going to be pranking the whole schools."

***

The whole school was on edge.

It was April Fool's Day, and the Marauders seemed surprisingly calm.

It was then The Great Hall was lit with a shimmery, silver light and three patronuses in the form of a dove, a beagle, a horse and a doe danced around the hall, mesmerising all of the teachers and students, before they exploded into a giant cloud of silver mist, obstructing everyone's view.

The smoke then cleared, revealing a chaotic scene in front of them.

The Ravenclaws all looked at each other in shock and confusion, staring at all of their skin - which had seemed to have been stained blue with dye.

Over at the Slytherin table, their uniforms had turned a bright neon green, and whenever they said the word 'Pureblood' or any derogatory term, the clothing was enchanted to scream 'I'm an arsehole!'.

At the Hufflepuff table, all of the students' uniforms were swapped so that they were wearing Muggle prom outfits. The girls in ridiculous suits and top hats, and the boys wearing brightly coloured, ugly dresses, with wigs and over the top makeup to complete the ensemble.

At the Gryffindor table, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter looked around, stunned. They all turned to each other, going to speak, only for the sound of high-pitched meows to emit from their mouths - the same thing happening to the other Gryffindors around them - making the Gryffindor table sound like an angry litter of kittens.

Teachers swarmed around the hall, trying ot fix as many students as possible, as Professor McGonagall stalked over to the quartet.

"Boys." She said, making the four turn to the woman, only to reply with cat noises, making the Transfiguration Professor take out her wand and wave it, fixing their predicament.

"Trust me Professor, this wasn't us!" James told her, making the woman raise an eyebrow, "Why would we take credit for someone else's brilliant masterpiece?"

"So you didn't do all of this, or clog every single toilet in the school, aside from Myrtle's?" Professor McGonagall questioned.

"Okay, the toilets we did do," Sirius admitted, "But this was not us."

"What happened?" An Irish voice asked, making them all turn to see Holland, Bronwyn, Margaret and Lily walking up to them - completely untainted from any of the pranking, making the boys' widen.

Professor McGonagall stared at the girls who were acting innocent in winder, "April Fool's Day." She muttered, astounded, before going to help fix the other students.

"You guys did this?!" James exclaimed, as they sat down at the table.

"I have no clue what you're talking about." Holland told him, before looking over at Margaret, who gave her a grin and a thumbs up, adrenaline coursing through the four girls' veins.