XXXVII. CHRISTMAS OF '76

CHRISTMAS OF '76!

DECEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

James continuously shook Holland's shoulders, trying to wake her up.

"Holland! Wake up! It's Christmas! There are presents! And food!" The boy yelled in her ear.

"I was up by the first shake." Holland chuckled, sitting up.

"Well then come on!" James exclaimed, grabbing the Slytherin's wrist and pulling her out of bed.

"Do I at least get to brush my hair or teeth first?" The girl laughed.

"Nope," James shook his head, "And besides, you look fine."

"Exactly what a girl wants to hear." Holland hummed, putting her dark hair into a ponytail, as se was dragged downstairs and into the living room, where everyone else was talking, turning to look at the pair when they entered the room.

"I have awoken the princess from her slumber," James dramatically exclaimed, bringing her to sit down next to Remus on the sofa, him sitting on the other side of her, "That means presents." The boy grinned, rubbing his hands together, making everyone either laugh, roll their eyes, or both.

"Right, ours first." Euphemia said, as she and Fleamont got their gifts to the others from under the tree, handing them to all of the adults and teenagers.

Holland looked up at the mother, surprised, as she held a beautifully wrapped present towards the Irish girl.

"For me?" She asked.

Euphemia smiled gently at her, "For you." She affirmed with a nod, making Holland take the gift with a small smile, sharing a grin with James, as she opened the present.

Holland beamed up at the woman, looking at the woollen scarf that she held in her hands.

"Thank you." Holland said, running her hand over the soft, grey material.

"It's our pleasure, Dear."

Hope and Lyall were next to give their presents to everyone, and the Slytherin was once again surprised to receive a gift from the couple.

The girl smiled, unwrapping the two knitted jumpers - courtesy of Hope. She grinned, looking at the red and green jumper and the beautiful blue jumper, wondering how the brunette knew that was her favourite colour.

"Remus told me that was your favourite colour." Hope told the girl, answering her unasked question, making the Slytherin glance at her boyfriend, who also held two knitted jumpers in his hand, one red and green, the other a light brown.