LVIII. HOT CHOCOLATE SOLUTIONS

HOT CHOCOLATE SOLUTIONS!

JUNE 1977

6th Year

• • • •

Remus, Holland and Lily all shared an exasperated look as they sat in the courtyard, listening to Sirius ramble on about another one of his crazy dreams.

"And then Diane Keaton turned to Henry VIII, who was on the other side of the table, and said -"

Holland tuned the Gryffindor boy when she noticed a familiar redhead having a very heated discussion with her boyfriend, making the Slytherin raise an eyebrow in shock when she saw the girl slap the blonde boy before storming off.

Holland then quickly stood up, gaining confused looks, "I'm sorry, Sirius, as much as I'd love to hear more about your dinner party on Mars with Diane Keaton, Henry VIII, Freddie Mercury and John Wayne, I have something I need to do," The girl said, wiping her uniform and starting to hurry away, "I'll see you guys later." She called over her shoulder.

***

Soft sniffles echoed around the kitchen, as a redheaded girl sat solemnly at a table.

Light footsteps approached her, and the Slytherin was engulfed in the familiar smell of vanilla.

"Hot chocolate," Holland grinned, placing the mug of warm liquid in front of the teary girl as she occupied the empty seat next to her, "Because as Grandpa Jeremiah says-"

"There's no problem that a mug of hot chocolate can't solve." Maxine finished the famous quote.

"Exactly," Holland said with a small smile, before it turned into a slight frown, "What happened back there with Rosier."

Maxine let out a sigh, taking a sip of the hot chocolate, "We broke up."

The Irish girl's eyebrows shot up in surprise, "Oh, I'm sorry." She told the redhead.

"I'm not," Maxine shook her head with a small chuckle, "He's a pig. You were right. After I started dating him, I changed. And after what he said today, I guess I snapped out of whatever spell that I was under - metaphorically, of course."

"What did he say?"

"The usual comment about you being a 'blood traitor'," The redhead answered, before letting out a deep breath, "And then some vulgar comment about Bronwyn and McKinnon."

"Well that's a bat bogey hex headed Rosier's way." Holland said, making the pair laugh lightly.

Maxine played with her fingers, before looking up at the younger girl, "Is she happy with McKinnon? Bronwyn? Is she happy with all of you?"

Holland nodded, "I've never seen her smile so much."

Maxine swallowed thickly, "That's great."

Holland studied her fellow Slytherin, "Yeah. It is."

***

"So are you two friends again?" Sirius asked, as he and Holland spent their Saturday evening in the Room of Requirement, having a pamper session.

"Well, no. Not exactly," The girl shook her head, "We're friendly, but 'friends' may take a little while."

Sirius hummed, "Understandable," The Gryffindor boy nodded, finishing painting the girl's nails, "Wow, green really is your colour."

"Well good. It's not like I wear it everyday."

They both chuckled.

"You know what I'm thinking?" The Slytherin smirked.

"That we should burn off our fingertips, steal a car and run away together to live in Italy?"

"Well, yes. But also...," She trailed off, taking some things out of a bag, "Hot pink nails and a plait?"

"I'm offended that you have to ask."