XLIV. GOODBYE, OLD FRIENDS

GOODBYE, OLD FRIENDS!

FEBRUARY 1977

6th Year

• • • •

"You ready?" Lily asked Holland, as the pair stood in front of The Great Hall, out of view from everyone.

"I don't think I'll ever be ready for this," Holland said with a sigh, "But let's go."

Lily and Holland entered The Great Hall, where at least half of Hogwarts were, eating lunch, and some heads - mostly from Slytherin - turned to look at them, most likely having heard what had happened that morning.

Lily squeezed the Slytherin's hand reassuringly, as they walked over to the Gryffindor table, quiet gasps being heard when they joined James, Sirius and Peter at the table - who all looked at the pair with both confusion and happiness.

"What are you doing?" James asked them, as small smile growing on his face.

"Finally being true to myself." The Irish girl answered, Lily sending her a reassuring look, making the three boys smile.

"You know that half of the school know what happened, right?" Margaret said, joining the five of them at the table, sitting across from Holland and Lily and next to Sirius.

"I figured that would be the case." Holland nodded, feeling uncomfortable under the stares of most of her peers.

"Well I think what you did was bloody brilliant," James told the girl, "No-one's stood up to Rosier or any of those bleeding tossers before. It's about time that someone did."

"But at what cost?" Holland muttered, turning her head to look behind her at the Slytherin table, where her three friends sat looking at her in disbelief, "There's no turning back now though." She said, turning back to her other friends.

"All of those pompous idiots will just have to get over it," Sirius said, making Holland look at him, "You're your own person with your own beliefs. I took my head out of my arse to see it. So can they."

The group chuckled and Holland smiled at the boy.

"Thanks, Sirius."

Looking towards the entrance of The Great Hall, Peter smiled.

"Oh, look who's out of the Hospital Wing." He said, making everyone follow his gaze to see Remus walking towards them, confused to see his girlfriend sitting at the Gryffindor lunch table.

It was seeing him walking towards them that made it all click in Holland's head. She was being true to herself because of him. She loved him. She loved all of them. And she wasn't going to allow some stuck up Slytherin Purebloods get in the way. Because these people were her family. And she didn't care who knew.