XLVI. MOVING ON

MOVING ON!

FEBRUARY 1977

FEBRUARY 1977

6th Year

• • • •

"Ow." Sirius complained, sitting on a bed in the Hospital Wing, clutching his right arm, making Holland smirk her eyes with a sigh, crossing her arms from where she stood next to his bed.

"Remind me why I have to be the one here with you?" The girl asked him.

"Because I find your presence comforting?" Sirius offered, making Holland give him a look, "Because none of the others could be bothered to put up with me, and looking after me is kind of like an induction into our group." He corrected himself.

"Right," Holland muttered with a sigh, "How did you even manage to break your arm in the first place?"

"Quidditch practice, my dear," Sirius smirked, "You of all people know it's a brutal game."

"James said 'boo' and you fell off of your broom didn't you?"

The boy stared at her, "No... he said 'Aaaaah' and I fell off of my broom. You'll find that the two are very different, actually."

The Slytherin rolled her eyes with a chuckle, as Madam Pomfrey came over to the two.

"Right, Black," She muttered, "You'll take this medicine, I'll wrap up your arm - at your request - and then you can leave and I won't see you here until tomorrow."

"How bad does that medicine taste?" Holland asked the woman, crossing her arms.

"Rather vile." Madam Pomfrey answered, making Sirius' eyes widen.

"Troll bogies vile?"

"I'd say so."

Holland sat down with a satisfied smile, "Brilliant."

***

"Now that we've raided Zonko's and Honeydukes of all of their items, where do we go now?" Holland asked, as she, James, Remus, Lily, Sirius, Peter and Margaret exited the sweet shop.

"The Three Broomsticks." James scoffed, as if it was obvious, making Holland chuckle.

"Right."

"So, how was your induction yesterday?" Remus smirked down at his girlfriend.

"I have never met such a drama queen in my life." Holland answered, making the group laugh.

"Oh, I wasn't even going full drama queen yesterday, Lux," Sirius said, "But if you want full drama, I can show you full drama queen."

"What you just said makes no sense, but the fact that I understood that statement perfectly just goes to show that I've been spending way too much time with you." Lily laughed.

"You love me really, Evans." Sirius told her.

"Sure."

The group passed a cafe, where three Slytherins walked out of, spotting them, making both groups stop and stare at each other.

"Come on." Margaret muttered, gently taking Holland's hand and lightly tugging her away from her old friends, the group continuing their walk to The Three Broomsticks.

"How is it now?" Sirius brought up the elephant in the room, "Amongst the Slytherins?"

Holland sighed, as the Hufflepuff next to her linked their arms together, "Some of them don't care, but don't talk to me in fear of being bullied. Some just straight out ignore me. And others call me things," She shrugged, making Margaret rub her arm in sympathy, "It's just weird to think that I've lost three of my friends so quickly over something so stupid."

"Well, they're all pricks." Sirius told her as the group entered the pub.

"No, I'm pretty sure that's you." The Irish girl smirked, making Sirius fake gasp and shove her lightly, before they all sat down at a large table, Holland in between Remus and Sirius.

"Seven butterbeers please." Lily said to a waitress, who nodded, going to get the group's drinks.

"I don't think I deal with Binns first thing tomorrow." Sirius groaned.

"Binns first thing on a Monday morning?" Margaret - who was sitting on the other side of him asked.

"Also described as torture." The boy told the blonde, making her laugh.

"Did you do that essay in the end?" Peter asked him, shovelling his face with the sweets that he had just sat bought from Honeyduked.

"Nope. And I don't have to." Sirius shook his head with a smirk, holding up his arm

Holland stared at the boy, "That's why you insisted that Madam Pomfrey out a cast on it?"

"Can't write an essay if my dominant hand is broken." Sirius proudly stated.

"That is... stupidly genius." Holland realised.

"That's how I work." The shaggy-haired boy told her, making the group laugh, as the waitress brought over their butterbeers.

"How actually is your arm?" Remus asked, as he wrapped an arm around his girlfriend as she leaned into him.

"Alright," Sirius nodded, "A bit achy, but that disgusting medicine really did work."

James turned to the Slytherin, "Troll bogies."

Holland nodded with a smirk, "Oh yeah."

"Brilliant."

"Do you all just revel in my pain?" Sirius asked.

"Yes." Everyone answered.

"Wow, thanks." Sirius muttered, making chuckles emit from the students around the table.

"Ooh," Holland realised, reaching into her bag, "If you want to make it more believable, then how about we sign it?" She said, taking a pen out of her bag.

"That is a good idea," Sirius nodded with a smile, before turning to his friend, "Remus you picked well."

"What do I write? 'Dear Prick, get well soon, hope you trick all the teachers' or something?" Holland asked, making her friends laughed.

"I'd like to retract my statement." Sirius announced, making everyone laugh harder, before waiting for chance to sign his cast.

" Sirius announced, making everyone laugh harder, before waiting for chance to sign his cast