LXVIII. PEACE OF MIND

PEACE OF MIND!

JUNE 1978

7th Year

• • • •

On a warm June afternoon in 1978, Regulus Black's groans of annoyance echoed through the halls of Grimmauld Place.

Holland chuckled, "You're such a sore loser."

"I am not," Regulus scoffed, paying the girl after he landed on Mayfair, "I just don't think it's fair to play a game that I can barely understand."

Holland rolled her eyes, "Reg, we've been playing this for months now. Just admit that you're bad at the game."

"Never." The boy said, causing the both of them to laugh.

"Thank you, Reg." Holland told him.

"For what?"

"For being there for me these past six months. And for always doing your best to cheer me up."

"Of course," Regulus smiled at her, "You're my best friend, Holly. I care about you. And you know, we're going to be married next month. I don't want my blushing bride-to-be sad now, do I?"

Holland laughed, "Of course not, my handsome groom."

Regulus rolled the dice and asked, "Have you chosen your Maid of Honour?"

Holland nodded, "Max. Although, under different circumstances I probably would've asked someone else."

"Evans?"

"Maybe," Holland shrugged, "Or Maggie. But that doesn't matter."

"Well, Nott's my best man," Regulus told the older girl, "But under different circumstances, I would've probably asked you."

"I would bloody well hope so." Holland chuckled.

"Have you spoken to any of them?" Regulus asked, "Potter, Sullivan, Bronwyn?"

Holland shook her head sadly, "No."

"Do you miss them?"

"Everyday."

Seeing the tears in her eyes, Regulus patted the space next to him on the sofa.

"Come here."

Complying, Holland stood up from her place on the floor, moved around the coffee table that the Monopoly board had been placed on and sat next to her fiancé, the both of them immediately bringing each other into a hug.

"He was a good guy, Lupin." He told her, lying down on the sofa so that she was lying on his chest.

"An incredible guy."