I. FAVOUR FOR A FAVOUR

FAVOUR FOR A FAVOUR!

SEPTEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

"How can this be possible?" Holland asked, head in hands as she sat in the Great Hall at lunch.

"What's wrong?" Maxine - one of Holland's dorm mates asked.

"Slughorn pulled me aside this morning at breakfast and informed me that I was failing Muggle Studies and I only just got the grade to pass for N.E.W.T level," The dark-haired girl told her friend.

"But that makes no sense, we've only been back for half a day," Maxine exclaimed, furrowing her eyebrows.

"That's exactly what I said," Holland muttered, nodding.

"Well, why don't you get a tutor," Bronwyn - Holland and Maxine's other dorm mate - suggested.

"That's- actually not a bad idea," Holland realised, lifting her head up to look at the brunette who sat across from her.

"See, sometimes my ideas are actually useful, other times their-"

"Ridiculous?" Holland suggested.

"Ludicrous," Maxine supplied.

"Idiotic," Holland gave.

"Incautious," Maxine shrugged.

"Injudicious," Holland put forward.

"Or just plain stupid," Maxine finished, looking at the girl sitting next to her, her red hair cascading over her shoulders.

"I was just gonna say not," Bronwyn muttered, playing with a strand of her hair.

Holland chuckled, shaking her head softly.

"Yeah, well, even if I did get a tutor, who would I ask?" The dark-eyed girl asked, "I mean, I'm pretty sure I'm the only Slytherin who takes this class by choice anyway," She groaned, slumping down in the table further.

"Then just get a tutor who isn't a Slytherin," Bronwyn told her.

"Exactly," Maxine nodded, "Just, don't get one that's a Gryffindor," She quickly added, "I mean, I have nothing against them, it's just the other Slytherins do,"

Holland nodded, contemplating the idea as they sat there for a good five minutes before Severus, Regulus and some other Slytherins joined them.

"I have to go," Holland said, suddenly standing up and putting her bag over her shoulder as she watched a certain Muggle-born exit the Great Hall.

"Why?" Severus asked, looking up at her.

"I've just realised that I left my potions book in the dorm," Holland lied, "I'll see in class," She said before walking out the Great Hall.

Entering the corridor, Holland looked around for the girl she chased after, smiling when she saw her ponytail, deciding to chase after her.

"Margaret!" Holland called and the blonde turned around, confused, her eyes widening at the Slytherin approaching her.

"Uh - yes?" The Hufflepuff gingerly replied.

"You're a Muggle-born, right?" The raven haired girl asked.

"Uh, yeah, why?" Margaret asked.

"Um, well, I need help with Muggle Studies and-"

"You're taking Muggle Studies?" Margaret cut the Irish girl off.

"Um, yes, but, what I was wondering was if you could, maybe, tutor me?" Holland gingerly asked.

Margaret stared at the girl, confusion and contemplation showing on her face. Standing in front of her was a Pureblood Slytherin from a well respected mostly Slytherin Pureblood family, asking a Muggle-born Hufflepuff for help with Muggle Studies.

"Please," Holland begged, "I'll do anything," She said, grabbing Margaret's attention, a small smirk like smile gracing her lips.

"Anything?" She asked.

"Anything," Holland nodded, making Margaret bite her lip.

"...Fine," The girl gave in.

"Thank you," Holland smiled.

"On one condition," Margaret cut in.

"Anything," Holland nodded, "You name and it's yours,"

"Um," Margaret muttered, "I need your help with something," She started slowly, "Well... Someone,"

"Oh my God, Maggie," Holland said, walking towards the girl - who was slightly confused about the nickname, "Do you have a crush on someone?" She asked, a knowing and mischievous smile painting her lips.

"Um, yeah, kind of," Margaret muttered, "And, um, I need you to help me get to know them a little bit... And to notice me," She added.

"That might be a good start," Holland commented as the two sat on a stone bench in the hallway, "But why do you need my help with this?" She asked, making the blue eyed girl sigh.

"Well, you're really pretty, so, I figured that you would have some experience in this area," The Hufflepuff shrugged.

"Well, sorry to disappoint you, but, unfortunately, I do not," Holland told the girl in her beautiful accent, that made words just seem to float together to create a perfect melody, "But, I promise to help you in any way that I can," She vowed, "Who is this lucky guy anyway?" The Slytherin asked, nudging the Hufflepuff.

"Sirius Black,"

****

"You're kidding," Maxine said as she, Holland and Bronwyn walked down the hallway after lunch, on their way to Care of Magical Creatures with the Gryffindor.

"Nope, if I want to get a good grade in Muggle Studies this year, then I have to get Sirius Black to go on at least one date with Margaret Sullivan," Holland told them as they exited the castle and started to make their way down the path to class.

"Good luck," Bronwyn told her.

"No, no, I think I can do it, actually," The Irish girl told them.

"Really?" Bronwyn asked.

"Yeah," Holland nodded, "I just have to get close to Sirius, which means, I have to get close with one of the Marauders," She said, making both Bronwyn and Maxine snap their heads to face the Lux girl, giving her a wide-eyed look.

"What?" The pair asked in unison.

"I know, I know," Holland muttered, nodding again, "It's - It's crazy, but it's the only thing I could think of," She said.

"Well, how are you going to do that?" Bronwyn asked again.

"Oh, trust me," Holland said as they reached the grassy area they were supposed to attend class at that day, looking at a certain Gryffindor student - who looked rather lost, "I have an idea,"