XCIII. MOOMY

MOOMY!

JUNE 1980

JUNE 1980

• • • •

A soft smile resided on Remus' face, as he sat in the living room of the cottage on a warm Sunday afternoon in June, staring down fondly at the two month old in his arms.

"She's had you wrapped around her tiny little finger since day one." Holland softly said, sitting next to him on the sofa, Regulus in her arms.

Remus sent his fiancée a small grin, before turning back to look at his daughter once again, "She's perfect," He whispered, "I remember when you were just the size of a cabbage."

"A lot's changed, huh?" Holland asked him, resting her left hand on his arm.

Remus gave her another smile, "Yeah. A lot has. Yet a lot is still the same," He said, glancing down at her hand, "We still need to get you a ring."

Holland shrugged, "I don't care about a ring."

"I know you don't," The Gryffindor chuckled, "But we're still going to get you one."

Holland let out a quiet laugh, adjusting how she was holding Regulus, as he slept in his mother's arms, "You're the boss."

"We both know that's you."

"Yeah, but it must be nice to hear once in a while."

Remus grinned, giving her a sweet kiss, "I love you, Juliet."

Holland blushed, "I love you, too, Romeo."

Remus then smiled down at the little girl in his arms, "And I love you, Nora. So much."

***

"Right, we've played, we've read, you had a little toddle around, you knocked over and broke a little statue - don't tell Remy - you've been fed, we cleaned up the mess you made in the kitchen after you'd been fed," Holland listed softly, as she walked across the landing upstairs, carrying Regulus to his room, "We changed you, brushed your teeth. I think that means you're ready for bed." She smiled, as walked into the toddler's room, where Remus was getting the crib ready.

"Blink twice if your Mummy's narrating your evening to you again." Remus whispered with a smirk, as Holland handed the boy to him.

"At this age, having one-way conversations is what you're meant to do." Holland told him as Remus lowered Regulus into the crib.

"I know," Remus smiled at her, standing upright, "And what's this I hear about a little statue and the kitchen?"

Holland shrugged innocently, the couple wrapping their arms around each other, "I have no clue what you're talking about."

"Sure," Remus chuckled, kissing the top of her head, before they both fondly looked down at the thirteen month old, who was staring back up at them, "He looks a lot like him already."

"I know," Holland nodded, leaning into her fiancé, "Maxine bets that when he's all grown up, he'll a copy of Reggie."

"I think she's right."

"Me too."

They stood in a comfortable silence for a few moments, before Remus spoke up.

"You know-"

"Moomy!"

The couple's head snapped down towards the boy.

"Did he just-?"

"Moomy!" Regulus cut his mother off.

"Well I think that answers your question." Remus nodded with a chuckle and a proud smile.

Holland grinned, picking the boy up, "Did you just say your first word?"

Regulus only gave her a lazy smile, once again shouting, "Moomy!"

"I can't figure out if he's saying Moony or Mummy." Remus said, taking the toddler's small hand in his own large one, giving it a gentle squeeze of encouragement.

"Moomy!"

Holland only shrugged with a small smile, tears collecting in her eyes, "Who cares?"