LXI. AFTERNOONS BY THE BLACK LAKE

AFTERNOONS BY THE BLACK LAKE!

SEPTEMBER 1977

7th Year

• • • •

Lily, Bronwyn, Holland, Mary, Alice, Dorcas, Marlene and Margaret sat under the large oak tree by the Black Lake.

"How did that Herbology test go?" Holland asked Bronwyn and Margaret, folding a piece of paper in her hands, leaning back into the big trunk of the tree.

"Yeah, really well." Margaret nodded with a wide smile.

"That's great," Bronwyn told her from where she lay on the grass, head on her girlfriend's lap, "I did alright."

"Actually, Professor Sprout said that Maggie got the highest in the class." Mary stated, nodding at the said girl.

Bronwyn lifted her head to look over at the blonde, "Bastard."

Holland squinted her eyes, looking at Lily, who was writing an essay, a familiar pair of glasses on her face.

"Are you wearing James' glasses?"

"...Maybe."

"Why?" Marlene asked with an amused smile.

"It's funny to watch him stumble around." The redhead shrugged, smirking over at a blind James trying to chase Sirius around further down the bank of the lake.

"How bad is his eyesight?" Dorcas asked.

"Astoundingly terrible." Lily answered.

"Well, considering he almost just fell in the lake, I'd suggest that you should probably give them back." Alice laughed.

"Where's the fun in that?" Bronwyn exclaimed, twirling a lock of Marlene's blonde hair around her index finger.

"I guess I'll go give them back." Lily laughed, starting to get up.

Holland stopped her, "I'll do it. I need to show Remus something anyway and maybe I'll get the chance to shove James or Sirius into the lake. And besides, I can't let you go. You have my quill." The Irish girl added, gently taking the glasses off of the redhead's face and walking over to where her boyfriend and friends were messing about.

"Hey, Mrs Moony," Sirius smirked at the younger girl, "What can I do for you this fine morning?"

"I have James' glasses." Holland smiled, holding up the said item in her hand.

Sirius smirked, "Want me to give them back to him."

The Slytherin copied his smirk, "Please."

She watched the Gryffindor boy run over to James and Peter with a smile, before sitting down on the grass next to her boyfriend.

"Hey."

"Hi." Remus grinned, putting the book that he was reading on the ground beside him, giving his girlfriend his full attention.

"Look." The girl smiled widely, putting a small object in Remus' lap.

Remus picked up the small origami frog and looked at it in his hand, "Told you that you'd get it eventually."

"Yeah," Holland nodded, snuggling into the boy's side as he wrapped an arm around her, "Only took three weeks and five hundred paper cuts."

***

Holland and Margaret linked their arms as they made their way down the path to the Quidditch pitch, when someone called out to the Slytherin.

"Holland!" Maxine cried, running over to the pair.

"Max?"

"Can I speak to you quickly," The redhead glanced apologetically at Margaret, "Alone."

"I'll see you in the stands." The Hufflepuff told her best friend, sending Maxine a smile before continuing her way to the pitch.

"What's up?" Holland worriedly asked the older girl.

"Something's wrong with Reggie." Maxine told her.

"W-What do you mean?"

"He's been incredibly cold towards everyone lately, he's been secretive," She listed off, "And-And he quit the team."

Holland stared at her, "He what?"

"He quit the team."

The Irish girl processed the information.

"Do you have any idea what could be going on with him?" Maxine asked.

Holland nodded slowly, "I have an idea. And Merlin, I hope I'm wrong."