VII. THE INTERROGATION GAME

THE INTERROGATION GAME!

OCTOBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

"Are you done yet?" An annoyed Bronwyn asked, sprawled out across her bed, as she waited for her to friends.

"Beauty takes time, my dear," Maxine smirked, ruffling up her hair.

"Or in Max's case, three hours," Holland chuckled, finishing applying her lipstick, before putting it down and staring at the red head, "But seriously, though, how long are you going to take?"

"Just go and meet Regulus," Maxine told her, "He's by the Hogsmeade pathway. We'll be down in ten minutes,"

"More like ten thousand," Bronwyn whined.

"Okay," Holland nodded, exiting the room, leaving a sulking Bronwyn behind.

***

Holland wrapped her woollen cape-coat tighter around her body, as she stood in the cool October wind, smiling softly as she admired the autumn leaves dance around the courtyard.

The sound of quick, heavy footsteps started to approach, making her look up, startled once she saw who it was that had approached her.

"What do you want, Black?" The Slytherin asked him, an annoyed facial expression residing on her face.

"Stay away from Remus," Sirius blatantly told her.

"E-Excuse me," Holland spluttered.

"You heard me," The boy said, stalking closer to the Irish girl, until he was towering over her petite film, "I don't know how you two know each other, or why he's suddenly so interested in you, but you need to stay the hell away. Or do you want me to tell my dear cousin what's been going on?" He threatened.

"Look, whatever you think is going on between Lupin and I...," Holland started, taking a small step away from the older boy, "It's wrong. He only came over to talk to me about the Charms homework and to get some of my notes,"

"Charms?" Sirius clarified.

"Yes, why?" Holland asked, accompanied with an irritated sigh, "Does that answer not satisfy your needs?"

"Oh, no," Sirius shook his head, smirking "I've got exactly what I needed," He told her, before briskly turning aroung around, and sauntering away from the short girl.

"Prick," Holland muttered, lowly, glaring at his retreating figure.

"Sirius?" Regulus guessed, coming up to stand beside the girl.

"How'd you know?" Holland snickered, turning to face her best friend.

"Lucky guess,"

***

"They say a monster lives in there," Maxine said, as she, Bronwyn, Holland and Regulus stood by the fence that was next to the pathway to the Shrieking Shack.

"Well, that's morbid," Regulus muttered.

"Just a bit," Holland chortled.

The quartet started to walk away from the view of the shack, the two black haired students with arms linked, Bronwyn and Maxine doing the same.

"Go on then," Regulus nudged his best friend, as they trudged through the leaves, Hogsmeade coming back in sight.

"What?" Holland asked the boy, confused.

"You're the 'Care of Magical Creatures' expert," Regulus reminded her, "What are your thoughts on 'the monster who lives in the Shrieking Shack'?"

"Well first of all, stop calling them a 'monster'," Holland told the boy, making him smile lightly, "And I don't know, it's probably true," She shrugged, "The only problem about it being true, though, is that it's so close to Hogwarts, that Dumbledore has to know what it is,"

"So would that be a good things or a bad thing?" Regulus wondered.

"Well, Dumbledore would never knowingly put us in danger," Holland answered, "So, good I guess,"

"And you're sure you're not a Hufflepuff in disguise?" The boy teased.

"If I were, I'd be disowned," Holland joked back, as the group re-entered Hogsmeade.

"Are we going to The Three Broomsticks before or after looking in some of the shops?" Maxine asked her friends.

"Well, I need to get my sister a birthday present, so I need to go to Honeydukes," Bronwyn said.

"I want to go to Zonko's," Maxine said, sending her best friend an apologetic look.

"How about I go with you and Reggie will go with Bron?" Holland proposed, making everyone nod, "Great. Reg, can you get me my usual?" She asked the boy.

"Of course," The younger boy replied with a small chuckle.

"Thanks," Holland kissed his cheek, before she and Maxine walked away, arm in arm.

"And she wonders how she has over half of Slytherin house as her friends," Regulus laughed, watching the redhead and the raven-haired girl walk away.

"Right," Bronwyn chuckled, grabbing the boy's arm and dragging into Honeydukes.