LX. SEVENTH YEAR

SEVENTH YEAR!

SEPTEMBER 1977

SEPTEMBER 1977

7th Year

• • • •

"Sirius Black is seriously back!"

James let out a sigh, turning to Holland as they all got off of the train, "Every year."

"He's an idiot." Holland chuckled.

"But he's James' idiot." Margaret said, coming to stand next to her best friend - who jumped slightly.

"You scared me." The Irish girl chuckled, linking arms with the blonde and walking towards the carriages.

"Well I am naturally terrifying."

***

"This is the quickest and most direct path from The Great Hall to the dormitories," Holland told the newly sorted first years, turning to face them, meaning that she was now walking backwards, "I'd also advise you to be wary of the stairs, as they like to-"

Her sentence was interrupted, as another body bumped into hers, making the girl turn around, smiling when she came face-to-face with her boyfriend.

"Hi." Holland breathed out with a smile.

"Hey." Remus grinned.

"Do all Prefects walk backwards?" A Gryffindor first year boy asked.

"Only the good ones." Remus said, smiling over at his girlfriend.

Holland blushed, before turning back to her group of first years, "Um, this way to the Common Room." She said, pointing to one of the corridors, as Remus started to guide the first year Gryffindors in an opposite direction.

"Bye." Holland mouthed to Remus with a smile, the boy copying.

The girl cleared her throat.

"As I was saying," She continued, leading the way to the Slytherin Common Room, "The stairs like to-"

"Is that your boyfriend?" A small first year girl asked the Prefect.

Holland chuckled, looking down at the small child, "Yes." She nodded.

"But he's a Gryffindor!" A snobby-voiced boy exclaimed.

Holland scoffed, "So? Let me give you some advice. Never let your house, blood-type, or anything get in the way of being friends with who you want, or doing what you want. Never let any of that define you."

"Really?"

The Prefect nodded, "My two best friends are both Muggle-Borns and are in two different houses," She told them, "Now. The stairs. They like to move."

***

"I don't know why I even play with you anymore," Bronwyn chuckled, setting up the Monopoly board for her and Holland, as they sat on the floor in their dorm, "I mean, I know I'm going to lose."

Holland chuckled, sitting down on the floor, "That's not true. You knowing you're going to lose is why you play with me.

The pair laughed, before the door opened and Maxine stepped inside their dorm, looking at the two sheepishly.

"Hey." The redhead quietly said.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"What-What're you playing?"

"Monopoly." Bronwyn told her.

"You ever played?" Holland asked the older girl.

Maxine shook her head softly, "No."

"You want us to teach you?" The dark-haired girl questioned.

Maxine grinned, "I would love that."