IX. WARM HUGS AND PINK CHEEKS

WARM HUGS AND PINK CHEEKS!

OCTOBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

Holland sighed softly, running her fingertips along the spines of the books in the muggle section of the library, searching for her next read.

"Frankenstein." A voice spoke up from behind her, making the Slytherin jump slightly and quickly whip around.

"What?" The girl questioned.

"Frankenstein." Margaret repeated, "It's a good book. One you'd enjoy." She told Holland, holding a copy of the said book out to her.

"Thanks," Holland grinned, taking the book into her own hands, "So, what's up?"

"I just wanted to say hello," The Hufflepuff answered, "And check up on how your muggle studies classes are going."

"They're going much better, thank you so much." Holland grinned, taking the blonde's hand in her own.

"It's no problem." Margaret shook her head.

"And I am working on my end of the deal," Holland promised the slightly younger girl, "It's a little difficult because you and I rarely see each other for more than five minutes. That and I'm a Slytherin and Black's a prick."

"Well, I do still appreciate your help." Margaret told her.

"And I yours," Holland nodded, "Speaking of which, if you really want Black's attention, there is always the ball."

***

"Chocolate?" Remus questioned, holding out a piece of the said treat in Holland's direction.

The two had just caught a pair of fifth year Ravenclaws out past curfew, snogging, and sent them back to their tower with a detention and taking five points away from their house, each. They were now on their way to patrol around the kitchens and the Hufflepuff Common Room.

"Thanks." She smiled, taking the piece out of the boy's hand, biting into it as he did the same with a piece of his own.

"Alright, go on then." Remus nudged Holland, as the pair did their pair continued their rounds in the dark corridors.

"What?" The Slytherin girl asked, eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

"Last we properly saw each other, you were explaining why Care of Magical Creatures was one of your favourite subjects." The Gryffindor prompted.

"Oh, well, it's complicated." Holland told him.

"Give it a go." The boy encouraged, making a small smile flutter on the girl's face.