XLI. SEVENTEEN

SEVENTEEN!

JANUARY 1977

JANUARY 1977

6th Year

• • • •

"Come on," Regulus said, dragging his best friend into The Three Broomsticks, Maxine and Bronwyn following, "Butterbeer's on us."

The birthday girl smiled, sitting down in a booth with her fellow sixth years, as Regulus went to go and get their butterbeers.

"So?" Maxine started, looking at her friend, "How does it feel to be seventeen?"

"Exactly how it felt to be sixteen." Holland replied with a small laugh.

Bronwyn chuckled, "Told you she'd say that."

"Aren't you annoyed that you have Prefect duty tonight?" Regulus asked, putting hte drinks on the table.

Holland shrugged, "I guess. I don't mind it though."

Maxine shook her head, "If it was me, I'd be having a fit."

"Which is probably why you're not a Prefect." Regulus said, making the older girls laugh, all taking a sip of their drinks.

***

"Come on." Remus grinned, leading Holland through the corridors of the castle, whilst they were in the middle of their Prefect round.

"Where are we going?" Holland asked, chuckling at her boyfriend's excited behaviour.

"It's a surprise." The Gryffindor told her.

"What about our rounds?" The girl raised an eyebrow.

Remus shrugged with a bright smile, "Who cares?" He asked, bringing them a stop in front of the entrance to the kitchen.

"Who are you and what have you done to Remus Lupin?" Holland chuckled, making Remus laugh and kiss her.

"Come on." He smiled, tickling the pear on the portrait, the kitchen entrance swinging open.

Holland gave Remus a weird look, as the kitchen was pitch black, before she stepped in and it was illuminated with light.

"Happy Birthday!" Five voices cried, making the Slytherin jump, before grinning widely.

In front of her was the kitchen covered in bunting and homemade banners, spelling 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!' Food was all over a table, a large cake sitting proudly in the middle of it. James, Sirius, Peter, Lily and Margaret all stood, scattered around the kitchen, with wide smiles on their faces.

"This is all for me?" Holland exclaimed, gaining lots of nods.

"It was Sirius' idea." Remus told his girlfriend, who looked at the shaggy-haired boy with a thankful smile, before her boyfriend gently pushed her towards the two girls, closing the kitchen entrance behind him.