XXXIV. DECK THE HALLS

DECK THE HALLS!

DECEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

Holland hummed quietly to herself, as she sat on her bed, working on a scrapbook.

A soft knock on her door, made the girl quickly shove the book under bed, before her boyfriend popped his head through the door.

"Hey." The boy grinned, making Holland smile softly.

"Hi," She said, as he entered the room fully, closing the door behind him, "Everything alright?" The girl asked.

"Everything's great," Remus grinned, leaning down and giving his girlfriend a loving kiss, "We're making gingerbread houses and decorating the Christmas tree downstairs," The Gryffindor told her, after he pulled away, "You wanna help?"

"You do that together?" Holland asked, surprised.

"Yeah," Remus nodded with a slightt laugh, "So do want to? It's okay if you don't."

"No, I'd love to." The Slytherin shook her head, standing up quickly and excitedly.

"Great," Remus chuckled, before remembering something and putting his hand in his pocket, "Oh, by the way, I wanted to give this to you." He said, holding out a small piece of paper towards the shorter girl.

Holland took the piece of paper with furrowed eyebrows, before looking down at it, being even more confused than before.

"It's a lot of numbers?" She told her boyfriend, who chuckled as she looked up at him with curiosity.

"It's Lily's phone number." He explained, looking at the girl with love.

Holland looked up at him, slightly guiltily, "What do you mean?"

"She visited you in the Hospital Wing, and I put two and two together," Remus shrugged, putting his hands in his pockets, "I figured that you might want it."

Holland smiled, giving the boy a hug, which he quickly reciprocated, "Thank you."

"Anything for you."

***

"So, Holland, do you do this with your family?" Hope asked the girl, as they both placed baubles on the Christmas tree, whilst they waited for the gingerbread to bake.

"Um, no, not really." Holland shook her head.

"What do you mean?" The woman questioned, cocking her head to the side in confusion.

"My Mother prefers the house elves to do it," The Irish girl explained, "I just put the star on top."

Hope looked at her, "Really?"