III. A FRIENDLY MATCH

A FRIENDLY MATCH!

SEPTEMBER 1976

6th Year

• • • •

"Have fun," Maxine smiled at Bronwyn and Holland as they left the Slytherin common room, making their way to the Quidditch Pitch.

"Thanks the girls called over their shoulders as they walked down the hall, broomsticks in hand, catching up with Regulus on the way.

"You have got to be kidding me," Bronwyn muttered, her and her friend's smiles fading.

On one side of the Quidditch pitch was the year before's Quidditch team and people who wanted to get on it in green.

And on the other side was the year before's Quidditch team and people who wanted to get on it.

In red.

"Of course," Holland muttered.

"Why am I not surprised," Regulus mumbled.

"Well, well, well," Sirius Black drawled out as he sauntered towards the trio, James Potter at his side, "What do we have here?" The long haired boy asked.

Holland sighed, rolling her eyes at the boy before turning to the Gryffindor team captain.

"I thought we agreed that Slytherin would have the pitch today," She said.

"And I thought we said that Gryffindor would have the pitch today," James told the Slytherin team captain.

"No," Holland shook her head, "I'm pretty sure we said Slytherin,"

"And I'm saying you're wrong," James told the smaller girl.

"Then I guess there was a misunderstanding," Holland shrugged,

"I guess there was," James sighed, giving in.

"Look," Holland said, "Let's just split the pitch for try-outs," The girl appealed.

James opened his mouth to reply, but Sirius cut in before he could.

"Or, we could use try-outs as an excuse for a friendly match of Quidditch," The eldest Black sibling smirked.

Holland stood there, slightly uncomfortable by the taller boy's gaze.

"I'm up for it if you are," James shrugged, looking at the girl.

"Fine," Holland nodded, "But no snitch," She added.

"Oh, come on-!" Sirius started to say, but was cut off by James.

"She's right," He told his best friend, "We're both seekers. And we won't be able to see how the team plays if we're playing too,"

"Alright," Sirius nodded and Holland turned to walk away - Bronwyn by her side - as she dragged a glaring Regulus away.

"Prick," The youngest Black whispered under his breath.

"Tell me about it," Holland mumbled back.

***

"Good luck," Holland whispered to Regulus before mounting her broom and flying so that she stopped next to James.

"Good luck, Lux," James nodded at her.

"You too, Potter," Holland nodded back.

"I'm sorry," James quietly added after a couple moments of silence.

"For what?" Holland asked, confused.

"What Sirius said the other day," He told her, "And today," He continued, "He's just a bit of a prick,"

"That's seemed to be a popular opinion over the last few days," Holland told James, rather amused.

"Really?" The Gryffindor asked.

"Yeah," Holland nodded, "Not only you, but Reggie and Maxine, as well," She smirked at him and James chuckled, bemused, "Anyway," She said, turning to the boy, "See you later, Potter,"

"See ya, Lux," James smiled at the girl before they both flew to the opposite ends of the pitch.

***

Bronwyn smiled as she rushed down the halls, Holland on her right and Regulus next to her before they stopped in front of the entrance to the Slytherin common room.

"Basalisk," The Irish girl spoke before the common room door swing open and the three stepped inside.

"How did it go?" Maxine - who was sitting onone of the sofas, putting a bookmark in the book she was reading.

"Oh, yeah, it went great!" Holland smiled sarcastically as she and Regulus slumped down on the two person sofa whilst Bronwyn sat next to Maxine.

"Really?" Maxine smiled at her friends - who were still in their Quidditch uniforms.

"Yeah!" Holland nodded, "You know, until bothe Potter and I got the times mixed up and Reggie's dear old brother made tryouts into a friendly match between Slyhtherin and Gryffindor," She sarcastically smiled, "So yeah, tryouts went great," The raven haired girl sighed before resting her head on Regulus' shoulder.

"Who won?" Maxine asked intrigued.

"Who do you think?" Bronwyn smirked at her friend.

"Gryffindor?" Maxine jokingly replied, making her friends glare at her, "Sorry, I forgot how touchy you lot get about sports," Maxine said, raising her hands in surrender.

The three laughed at the redhead, grabbing a throw pillow each and chucking them at her before going back to their respective dorms to take a much needed shower.