LXXIX. MR AND MRS ATCHLEY

MR AND MRS ATCHLEY!

JANUARY 1979

• • • •

Holland rushed around her and Regulus' shared bedroom, constantly checking the time on the wall.

"You're good for time, don't worry." Regulus told his wife with a fond smile, as she got ready.

"I know, but we all know what I'm like."

Regulus chuckled, "Yes we do."

The Irish girl let out a sigh, turning to her husband with an eyebrow raised, "How do I look."

Regulus grinned, "Stunning."

Holland blushed, running her hands over her baby bump, "Thanks."

Regulus stood up from the bed, moving in front of the shorter girl and placing his hands on her pregnant stomach, "Five months already." He breathed out in disbelief.

"Only four to go," Holland told him with a soft smile, "You nervous."

"Would you think less of me if I said yes."

Holland stood on her toes and softly kissed his nose, "Absolutely not."

Regulus smiled down at the older girl, before taking his hand in hers, "Before you go, I have something to show you." He said, starting to lead her out of their bedroom and down the hall.

"Okay, now I'm scared." Holland said with a chuckle, making Regulus smile lovingly at her as they stopped in front of the door to the spare room.

"I hope you like it." Regulus told the girl, before opening the door.

"Reggie," Holland gasped, putting her hand over mouth as she stepped into the room, "It's beautiful."

The once basic spare room had been changed into a lovely nursery. The walls had been painted light grey and a wooden cot had been placed by the large window in the room. A dark green rug had been put on top of the wooden floor and a rocking chair had been placed in the corner of the room.

"Do you like it?" Regulus asked with a hopeful smile, as Holland looked at the paintings on the walls.

Holland grinned at the boy, giving him a sweet kiss, "I love it."

***

The wedding had gone off without a hitch and the reception was now in full swing.

"Maggie!" Holland grinned, rushing over to the bride.

"I'm married!" The blonde exclaimed in disbelief.

"Welcome to the club." Holland chuckled.

Margaret took her Maid of Honour's hands in her own, "Thank you for being there for me throughout all of this."

The older girl smiled, "Of course," Holland then glanced behind her friend, "Well, Mrs. Atchley, I believe your husband wants a dance."

Margaret beamed at Holland before going off to dance with Hugo. Holland watched the pair with a fond smile on her face, before looking around the room, her eyes settling on a certain brunette.

Taking a deep breath, Holland walked over to him.

"Hey." She smiled softly.

"Hey," Remus smiled back, "You look lovely."

"Thanks," Holland blushed, "As do you."

The pair looked out at the dancefloor, watching the happy couples move together in harmony.

"Wanna dance?" Remus asked.

Holland nodded with a smile, "Sure."

Taking each other's hands, the pair walked onto the dancefloor, starting to dance to the enchanting music.

"How are you?" Holland asked.

"I'm as good as I can be, I guess," Remus nodded, "Some days are better than others."

"Yeah," Holland nodded, "That's quite a common feeling nowadays. Does it scare you? The war?"

"It terrifies me," Remus admitted, "But we all have each other. And in the end, that's what's going to help us win."

Holland looked up at the boy, "I miss you, Remy. I can't live in a world where we aren't at least friends."

Remus smiled down at her, "Me neither."

"So, what do you say?" Holland asked, "Pals?"

Remus chuckled with a nod, "The best of pals."

a/n: I just started a preference book for both hp characters and my own hp ocs! go check it out! i love you all, stay hydrated and take care of yourselves!!! xxx