LXXXIX. HALLOWEEN OF '79

HALLOWEEN OF '79!

OCTOBER 1979

• • • •

"Hey, Holly, what do you think?" Margaret grinned, making the Irish girl turn around, chuckling at the sight of Margaret holding her son, who was dressed as a pumpkin.

"I think that's borderline child abuse." Holland laughed, putting up Halloween decorations around the living room of the manor, ae cottage was still being worked on by Holland and Remus.

"But look, they're matching." Remus grinned, carrying Regulus into the room, his mother raising an eyebrow at the sight of her five month old also in a pumpkin costume.

"When did you even get those?" Lily laughed.

"And why?" Bronwyn chuckled.

"When we went shopping for decorations." Margaret shrugged.

"And because look how cute they look being all matchy-matchy." Remus cooed, he and Margaret holding Otto and Regulus side by side.

"And just like that, Moony lost any and all masculinity he ever had," Sirius smirked, making Holland and Lily chuck the sofa cushions at him, "Hey!"

"Don't look at us." Lily shrugged.

"Yeah, they're called throw pillows for a reason," Holland nodded, high fiving the redhead, before taking Regulus from her boyfriend's arms, "Hey, Pumpkin." She cooed, making her friends chuckle at the unintended joke.

"Hey," Maxine grinned, entering the living room, after Mopsy had let her in, earning greetings from her friends, "Hiya," She grinned, lightly squeezing Regulus' and Otto's hands, then bending down and saying to Holland's stomach, "And hello future godchild."

"Um, I think you mean my future godchild." Bronwyn told her best friend.

"What am I? Chopped liver?" Margaret scoffed, handing her son over to an excited Lily.

"I mean, while we're talking godparents, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring." Sirius said, raising his hand.

"Oh, I think Pads would make an amazing godmother to baby Lupin." James nodded, making Holland and Remus roll their eyes, as Remus hugged his girlfriend from behind, his hands gently resting on her small baby bump.

"Hang on, Sirius is an uncle, that's enough," Frank said, "I, however, shall gladly petition for godfather."

"Guys, Holly's barely even three months along," Remus chuckled, "We haven't thought about godparents yet."

"Well, you might want to pick quickly," Lily smirked, "Before Bronwyn and Sirius get into a fist fight over it."

"She's right," James nodded, before holding his arms out towards Regulus, "Now give me our godson."

"How come James and Lily got to be godparents before me?" Sirius pouted, arms crossed.

"Because you became an uncle," Holland smirked, leaning back into Remus' embrace, "An because he doesn't pout like Reggie when it's his bath time."

Sirius flicked his hair back, "What can I say? It's all part of the Black charm."

The group all chuckled, shaking their heads.

"It's weird to think that a year ago, you were pregnant with Reggie." Maxine told Holland.

"Well, what can they say," Sirius smirked, "They move fast."

The girls all shared a look, each picking up a cushion.

"Why couldn't they be called gently placed cushions?!"

***

"So, have you had any ideas on godparents?" Remus asked Holland, as they got into bed later that night.

"Well, I thought about it, and I've decided on Maggie as the godmother." The girl answered, smuggling into him.

"And godfather?"

"Well, let's be honest," Holland sighed with a chuckle, "If we don't make Sirius the godfather, he's going to throw a level five tantrum."

"Oh, absolutely." Remus nodded, making Holland laugh.

"And just think, by the end of the week, we'll have finished painting the nursery, and then all that's left is the living room." Holland smiled.

"Can't wait," The boy said, kissing the top of his girlfriend's head, "What're you going to do about the manor."

"I've spoken to Dumbledore and told him that it could be used for Order purposes," Holland told him, "So, for meetings and a safe house, if needed."

"And then, in six months, we'll have our little bundle of joy." Remus grinned, his hand resting on Holland's baby bump.

"Yeah," Holland chuckled, "You nervous?"

"Incredibly."

"Trust me, Remy. You have nothing to be nervous for."

a/n: thank you all so, so much for 200k! i love you all dearly! also, i have made a preferences (and imagines) book for both hp characters and my hp ocs. so, if you want an imagine with holly, maggie, etc, then go and request. i love you all, stay safe and drink plenty of water! xxx

 i love you all, stay safe and drink plenty of water! xxx