Family Bucket (Keigo Takami x OC)

FAMILY BUCKET

Warnings: None

She pushed her cap slightly up, freeing her forehead and looked up at the only customer of their chicken joint. Average height, slim built, ashy blonde hair, and honey-coloured eyes. He went by the name Hawks and, despite his young age, was Japan's No. 2 Pro Hero. He grinned at her with his usual cheeky smile.

"Good evening, what can I get you today?" she said her usual line, looking blankly into his eyes.

"You and some slow romantic music." He responded with a winder grin.

She continued staring at him unamused. Hawks sighed. "No? Not at all? Then I'll have my usual please."

She nodded, putting his order through the till. "One twenty pieces bucket, extra crispy, coming up. Please take a seat, I will bring it over as soon as it's ready."

He nodded and took a seat the furthest away from the counter. Keigo Takami leaned back on the chair and watched the girl clean the counter area. Her cap moved forward again, covering her eyes. Her movements were quick and accurate. She did not waste and single minute standing around. She filled out the fridge with cold drinks and proceeded to wipes the tables in the seating area. As soon as new customers walked in, she was back behind the counter with her signature smile.

Keigo has been watching her for a few months, seven months, two weeks, and three days to be precise. He stumbled over this chicken joint by chance. He was returning from patrol and couldn't overhear his stomach rumbling loudly. Just like today she was behind the counter, with her signature smile playing on her lips. She looked surprised to see him. Of course, she recognised Hawks, but she proceeded to take his order as if he was one of many.

Her nametag said Megumi. Not very tall, not very thin, with chestnut hair and big brown eyes, she looked quite ordinary, but not to Keigo. Megumi worked in the joint five days a week. From Monday to Thursday, she worked evening and night shifts, while on Friday she was there from lunch time until seven in the evening. She always worked what they call by the book. Megumi was respectful to the customers, ignored the flirting and politely rejected any date invitations. She was never late to work, but rarely stayed overtime.

Every time she finished her shift, she would quickly pick up her tote bag and rush out of the diner. Keigo never allowed himself to follow her. Even he understood that Megumi had a life outside her work, and he was not a part of it.

Hawks sighed and threw his head back, hitting it on the wall. "Ouch, damn," he rubbed the back of his when he heard a soft chuckle. Megumi stood in front of his table holding his order with a playful look in her eyes and a smile that she tried to hide. Keigo smiled widely.

"I'm auditioning for clown college." He joked. She placed his order on the table.

"I think you'll succeed." She responded, finally allowing herself to smile. "Enjoy your meal."

"Eh, wait," Keigo called her back before she returned behind the counter. "Um, do you have any plans tonight?" he asked hopefully.

Megumi's smile faded.

"I do, I'm sorry." Her expression did not look like she was sorry. Keigo nodded with a smile. He lost count at how many times he already asked her out, and every he got rejected, but Keigo Takami was not a quitter.

"Maybe next time," his usual line.

"Yes, maybe." Megumi returned to the counter, leaving him with his thoughts and bucket of chicken.