Never Let Me Go (Tsunagu Hakamada x Reader)

NEVER LET ME GO

Author's Note: This can be considered as a small sequel to the WHO KNEW oneshot or as a separate story.

Warnings: Manga/Anime Spoilers

[Y/N] sat at the kitchen table with her fingers tightly intertwined. She waited.

The front door opened soundlessly, and unhurried footsteps made their way to the kitchen and stopped at the doorway. She did not turn around.

He silently looked at her tense back, struggling with the need to immediately wrap his arms around her. First, he needed to explain.

"Well, hey there," she broke the silence first. "Long time no see, Best Jeanist."

The anger in her voice mixed with sarcasm. Bad combination. Tsunagu Hakamada obediently bowed his head. He deserved it.

"It had to be done." His voice was as calm as always, which irritated her to numbing in her fingertips.

The girl turned her head, glaring at him menacingly with reddened eyes. She wanted to strangle him with his own fibres. Wrap them around his neck and pull tighter and tighter until his infuriating calm eyes pop out.

"Of course," she rose to her feet. "How could it possibly be any other way? After all, who cares that this whole time I thought you were head? Who cares that I've barely slept for months because every time I dreamt of you dying in front of me?" she slowly walked towards him. "Not you. Right, Tsuna?" she stopped in front of him. "After all, your duty always comes first."

He remained silent.

"You could have told me...me...someone...anyone could have told me that you are alive."

"I'm sorry," warm hand landed on her shoulder. "I could not. [Y/N] cannot hide your emotions. At all. You understand? You are like an open book, always have been. If you found out that I am live, the League would have too."

She stepped closer and slammed her fist into his solar plexus. Best Jeanist doubled over in pain, fighting a sharp wave of coughing. A gush of blood coloured his lips and splattered on the floor. The blond wiped his mouth with he back of his hand.

Long arms quickly wrapped around her body, pressing the unresisting female to firmly to him.

"Hate you." She buried her face into his chest, breathing in his warmth. "I hate you so much."

He gently stroked her head, while her body trembled from soundless cries.

Carefully, he lifted her chin and looked into the beloved eyes. "I love you."

[Y/N] sniffled, biting the inside of her cheek. Her heart pounded furiously in her chest, echoing in her ears. "I've missed you so much." She clung onto him, pressing her body harder against him, loving the warmth of her most beloved person.

Tsunagu is alive. He came back.

Unfastening the clasp of his hero costume, ex Pro-Hero No. 3 desperately pressed his lips to hers. The salty taste of her tears made his insides clench; until that day he could not imagine that the girl in front of him could love him just as much as he loved her. [Y/N] did.

She eagerly returned the kiss, pulling him closer. She clenched his jacket in her hands, holding tightly, afraid that it was just a dream and if she let go, he'd disappear.

His large hands stroked her body, noting how much weight she lost, feeling every bone in her spine. He'll talk to her about it, but later...everything later.

She rose on her tiptoes, wrapping her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. The kiss returned the sensations his body almost forgot. He needed her with every fibre of his being.

Without breaking the kiss, he picked her up and eased her down on the kitchen table. This brought a sudden feeling of déjà vu.

Their hands roamed each other, removing the frustrating items of clothes. They were overwhelmed with unbridled desire to connect into one whole; they needed to feel again.

He held her hips firmly. Tsunagu entered her completely, without preparation, earning a quiet whimper. Her grip on his shoulders tightened and short nails dug into his pale flesh. He moved quickly, boldly, driving himself in completely and taking it out to the tip.

The first wave of pleasure immersed them at the same time. Her toes curled. Pleasure sent shivers down her arms and legs.

He pulled her into another tight embrace.

"I love you." His voice was barely audible, but she heard him.

"Then don't leave me again."

He pressed his lips to her temple. "I won't."

And she believed him.