Ocean Drive (Natsuo Todoroki x Reader)

OCEAN DRIVE

Warning: Summer Romance

Natsuo always loved the sea, so when his course mates invited him to join them on a trip to Miyako-jima Island, Okinawa Prefecture, he gladly agreed. Mid-summer felt hotter than ever, and the blonde was happy he could occasionally use his quirk to cool down.

At the agreed time, he waited in the airport, when a loud group of people barged into the waiting room. what was supposed to be a getaway for four suddenly turned into a group holiday. Natsuo smiled. The more the merrier.

The majority were from his course, but three people, although they looked familiar, he couldn't quite remember. Kiyoshi, from his course, quickly proceeded with introductions.

"Levi Johnson, exchange student from the US. Hina Tanaka, the faculty of biochemistry and [Y/N][Y/L/N], biostatistics."

He greeted everyone with a wide smile, keeping his gaze a little longer on the biostatistics girl. Natsuo remembered why she looked so familiar. They shared two modules, but somehow never interacted. The blonde remembered her as "the girl who sat at the back and aways dozed off during lectures".

"It's good to see you awake." He noted with a smile.

"And there I thought I was quite discreet." She chuckled.

"To the half blind professor Sato, yes, quite."

The boarding passes were checked and soon their group was up in the air, on their way to one week trip.

***

The hotel check in was quick and soon most of the group gathered in the lobby. Natsuo noticed that [Y/N] wasn't there.

"Where's everybody else?"

"They've already headed to the beach." Kiyoshi said, staring at his phone.

The beach was busy, and it took them a while to find their friends. [Y/N] looked up from the book she was reading under the umbrella. "Took you guys long enough."

"You could have waited." Hina replied dropping the beach dress and fixing the straps of her bikini.

"Yeah...no." [Y/N] returned to her book. The blonde watched their friends run towards the sea, screaming excitedly like children. Natsuo pulled off his t-shirt and sat down under the umbrella with biostatistics girl.

"Aren't you going to swim?" he asked.

"Later." She replied turning the page.

He shrugged, leaned back on the towel, and closed his eyes. The sound of waves crashing on the beach and cacophony of voices soothed his mind. Natsuo started to doze off.

"Hey," someone tapped his shoulder. "Hey, big guy." He reluctantly opened his eyes. [Y/N] hovered over him and although he couldn't see her eyes behind the dark sunglasses, he was certain that she was looking at him.

"What?" he pushed himself up on his elbows.

"Put some sunscreen on before you pass out. You are sizzling." she threw a tube of SPF at him. Natsuo caught it awkwardly. She was right. Red patches started to appear on his arms and chest. Natsuo clicked his tongue, quickly activating his quirk to cool down. After a couple of minutes, he obediently applied the sunscreen.

"Thank you."

"Uh huh."

[Y/N] got up and stretched. His eyes followed her posture. The t-shirt went off, followed by the pair of shorts and sunglasses. Lavender bikini fit her like second skin and covered the bare minimum. A little surprised, he watched her apply the sunblock on her slender arms and legs. His lips parted slightly when her hand casually ran over her buttocks.