A Case of You - Part 1 (Kirishima Eijiro x Reader)

Warnings: Quirkless Universe where individuals preserve their unique appearance.

The classes dragged mercilessly. [Y/N] looked out the window wanting to leave. Aizawa-sensei's monotone voice echoed in the background, but none of his words were settling in. She sighed and turned her gaze to the teacher.

The classroom door opened.

A familiar figure silently walked in. The redhead made his way straight to his seat, not saying a word, not apologising, not looking at anyone.

Aizawai's mouth stretched into a thin line as his gaze burned the back Eijiro Kirishima. Bound by the principal's orders to ignore the redhead's behaviour unless it was of physical discomfort to the others, he turned back to the board and continued teaching.

Kirishima heavily eased in his seat behind her, stretching out his legs. The smell of blood and cigarettes hang in the air. Another fight? Gang friction? Or someone wanted to test his strength again? [Y/N] Takami didn't care.

Resting her cheek on her hand, she watched Bakugou look back at his friend; a couple of gestures, known only to them, followed. The weight behind her shifted, hitting the chair.

[Y/N] looked back, meeting two piercing red eyes, which looked right through her.

They've known each other since middle school; being the son of the head of Kirishima clan, Eijiro Kirishima, also known Red Riot, was privileged, but as practice showed, not untouchable. Unlike the other delinquents, Kirishima tried to refrain from starting trouble himself. There was a certain code of conduct in his mind that he seemed to follow. And yet, trouble always found him. Like today.

Shrugging, she turned away.

Kirishima's problems were not her business. Let his pitbull Bakugou deal with it. Or Sero. Or Kaminari. Or whoever else was in his school gang. Mina.

Mina! They were supposed to hang out after school today. She looked at the pink haired beauty, who was devouring the redhead with her eyes.

Based on the look in her eyes, the plans are cancelled, and for the best, because [Y/N] was not in the mood. Keigo needed extra help at the bar and quite frankly she'd rather spend time there than at the mall.

When the classes finally finished, Mina's text confirmed her expectations.

See you tomorrow.

She texted back and hurried out of the school premises.

***

Keigo Takami looked around the bar. Happy hour customers were quickly filling the space, and although this was the most profitable time of the evening, Keigo preferred the two hours before closing when his favourite customers walked in for a drink.

He peered into the kitchen where [Y/N] was thoroughly wiping the glassware. A small smile crossed his lips seeing her concentrated face. This year she was turning eighteen and graduating from high school. Every time he looked at her his chest filled with a fluttering feeling of happiness and pride.

Living at home was a torture, it was their personal hell. Their father was always drunk, and mother brought home new men every time her husband was away. As soon as he turned eighteen, Keigo Takami fleet the coop, promising [Y/N] that he would be back for her. During the first year he went through hell, fire, and high water. Keigo worked days and nights, surviving only on adrenaline and motivation of promise he gave [Y/N]; trying to save as much as possible, he hoped that it would be enough to take the custody over her. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

When he came to his parents to offer to take over the custody of [Y/N], they laughed, showing him the door.

That night when the apartment finally submerged into a drunken slumber he sneaked into her room. "I'm sorry that I couldn't do it. I'm sorry [Y/N]." Her body felt small and weak in his arms and Keigo kept clenching his hands trying to calm down and reassure her that everything was going to be okay. The reassurance was more for him, because eleven-year-old [Y/N] did not say a word. She did not cry or complain. She just held onto his jacket, nodding her head.