Phantom (Monoma Neito x Reader)

PHANTOM

Warnings: Manga/Anime Spoilers

Neito Monoma was outraged.

Nervously biting his follicles, he walked down the long corridor.

How did he, out of all people, manage to fall for someone from Class 1-A. And not just anyone; with the girl who whooped his ass during the Sports Festival.

It was a nightmare, eating away at his wobbly sanity.

He tried ignoring his feelings, and during his attacks on the Class 1-A most of his contempt was aimed at her, but just like that half cold half hot Todoroki, she remained completely calm and on numerous occasions when he got too much, she used her quirk to shut him up.

When the ignoring strategy didn't work, Neito decided to take another approach to reassure himself that his feelings were a big mistake. His plan was to follow the girl around and make a list of all her flaws, which Neito assured himself she had plenty.

After several months of dedication and hard work, he had a 350-page notebook summarizing everything she loved and hated, her habits, tastes in music, in fashion, quotes, quirk analysis...the only thing he didn't have was the outcome he hoped for.

Clearly, the universe gave her everything except him as a boyfriend.

But this misstep could be certainly fixed.

Easier said than done, taking into consideration that she was a part of the that dreadful Class 1-A, and his hypothetically uncivil behaviour towards them.

After a month of planning, Neito finally decided on a strategy. Twice every week a letter would be deposited into her locker. And once a week a small trinket relating to something she liked would be waiting for her on the door handle of her room.

The letters were always different, somewhat humble, unobtrusive, and interesting. Every time she received a new one, [Y/N] opened it straight away and the corners of her lips curled up, making the blond all fuzzy inside. The ohhs and ahhs of her female classmates didn't seem to affect her, because she always thoughtfully packed the letter away, never letting them read it. He respected that.

This continued for weeks on end, until one day she was severely injured by villains. She spent three days at the hospital, and Neito couldn't do anything.

He couldn't even talk to her.

Every day, restless and worried, he continued lurking around the school like a ghost of himself.

[Y/N] returned, bringing the colours back into his world. His letters resumed, but Neito knew that he couldn't keep hiding forever. He no longer wanted to hide.

Then how did it happen that the one standing and confessing to her, taking all the credit for his hard work, was some nerd from business studies?

And to make things worse she was smiling at every word of that imposter.

Unacceptable!

Aizawa's request couldn't have come at a better time.

Neito entered the room. Four pairs of eyes turned to look at him.

"U.A.'s dark side..." the little girl mumbled.

"Hahahah...what is this child talking about?"

[Y/N] chuckled.