Stay With You (Mezo Shoji x Reader)

STAY WITH YOU

Warnings: None

[Y/N] stood in front of the tall mirror looking at her reflection with a hint of criticism. She turned from side, then from the other, tried to glance from the back and then once again look at the front. She sighed and smiled wondering if Mezo was going to like what she was wearing. She ran her hand through her hair, grabbed her purse and hurried out of the dorm.

Mezo Shoji was her classmate and for the past seven months her boyfriend. Their relationship happened spontaneously.

It was Valentine's day and all the girls in their class were making sweets for their special someone. Feeling a little melancholic, [Y/N] joined in hype and ended up making several small gift bags with homemade chocolates, determine to give them to all single guys in her class.

Shoto, Yuga and Koji received theirs first. They received the delicious rick nama chocolates, neatly gift-wrapped in clear degradable plastic wrapper with orange and white ribbons. Minoru and Denki received neatly cut cubes of match chocolates, wrapped into same type of wrapper, and tied with yellow and while ribbons. The last person to receive the chocolates was Mezo. With a small smile playing on her face, [Y/N] carefully prepared his gift. After careful consideration, she managed to make a cute carton box, where she carefully placed her personal favourite coconut truffles.

She found him outside, resting against the trunk of a tree. When she handed him the gift, he stared at her with the greatest shock reflected in his eyes.

"Um, if you don't want them, it's okay." She said, feeling a little lost and unsure.

"No!" she rushed to said. His loud yell startled her a little. "I'm sorry. I do. I want them. Please."

The box landed into his large hand. He looked at it almost mesmerized. "Thank you." He finally let you.

[Y/N] smiled and turned around to leave but he stopped her. "Would you like to...share them?" he asked awkwardly.

"I'd love to."

Shoji only ate when she wasn't looking, not wanting to pull his mask off in front of her. [Y/N] didn't comment and in the end, she ended up eating almost all the truffles.

"It was very thoughtful of you." His deep voice caressed her ears. [Y/N] looked up at his broad frame and blushed a little. She pushed her hand behind the ear nervously. "The sweets were great."

"I'm glad you liked them."

They sat in silence for a while a longer.

"Are...are you seeing anyone?" he asked, instantly regretting his forwardness.

"No," yet her reply honeyed his heart.

She swallowed the lump in his throat. "Would you like to go out with me?" the silence hung between then, and only the soft rustling of the leaves filled the void. [Y/N] watched him wide-eyed, not believing her ears. Her heart was racing madly, while her stomach filled with butterflies. Not realizing that Mezo was waiting for her reply, she continued looking at him in silence. "I'm sorry. I overstepped the boundaries." He finally said, making her snap out of her thoughts.

"No! No, no. I'm so sorry." [Y/N] hurried to gently touch one of his hands. The simple gesture made his shudder. "I was just a little shocked." A small blush crept on her cheeks. "I'd love to go out with you."

[Y/N] blushed recalling the memories. Shoji was already outside, waiting for her. She glanced at the time on her phone, she was not late, meaning that once again he was early. She looked at his tall, muscular frame feeling the familiar tingling sensation all over her body. [Y/N] found the man in front of her extremely attractive. In his usual camouflage cargo pants and a white sleeveless turtleneck. Two arms were shoved in his pockets and the other four folded neatly behind.