Yo Shindo x Reader

Warnings: Yandere, Toxic Relationship, Blackmail, Unwanted Physical Contact, Trapped

Her heart pounded in her ears as she slid down the wall between mops and brooms of a small closet in the basement of Ketsubutsu Academy. The musty smell of detergents and wet mop hang in the air.

Trying to catch her breath, she buried her face between her knees. Her hands were still trembling from the adrenaline pumping in her blood.

She finally managed to escape his suffocating presence. She had an hour, not longer, to relax and clear her head. An hour. That's all he allowed her. [Y/N] swallowed the lump in her throat and closed her eyes.

Looking back, she was doomed from the day he first laid his eyes on her, unfortunately she understood it too late. Standing in the group of first years, she didn't know anyone. Feeling uncomfortable, she nervously shifted from one foot to the other, when she felt somebody's intense gaze. [Y/N] looked up to see a guy with dark shaggy hair looking at her without blinking; a confident smile played on his thin lips. Uncertainly, she smiled back.

He introduced himself as Yo Shindo and easily made her a part his circle of friends.

Shindo was intelligent, a good student and a great strategist, which earned him a lot of respect from his peers and teachers, giving him a certain level of authority in the Academy.

Always polite, smiling, and ready to lend a helping hand, he seemed almost perfect, but something about him did not settle with her. Shindo's words rarely corresponded to his actions and the look in his eyes made her feel like he wasn't the person he was pretending to be. At first, he did not single her out and treated her the same as everybody else, but one day everything changed.

He stopped smiling and showed the true face of Yo Shindo.

It started when a guy from parallel class asked her to go on a date with him and she had the audacity to agree. That day Shindo didn't speak to her, but every time their eyes met a menacing grimace was plastered on his face, sending unpleasant shivers down her spine.

A peaceful month flew by, but one day her date didn't show up to school.

For a week he didn't reply to her calls or messages. Distressed, she didn't know what to think, until one of his classmates told her that he was in an accident.

Two weeks later his parents transferred him to another school.

Life returned to normal, but Shindo didn't.

Trying to put a distance between them, she gradually stopped hanging around his group of friends. One day during lunch break he found on the roof.

"This is a restricted area." he said, lazily leaning on the fence.

Feeling uncomfortable under his gaze, she nodded and started gathering her things, not wanting to prolong the unnecessary dialogue.

He grabbed her arm to stop her from leaving. "I didn't say you have to go."

"I think I should." She replied trying to free herself, but his grip tightened.

Shindo looked at the sky. "I want you to understand something [Y/N][Y/L/N], what happened to your friend," he spat the last word. "Will happen to everyone who will dare come between us."

Her stomach clenched.

"What are you talking about?"

Shindo smirked. "You'll understand, [Y/N]. Soon you'll understand."