Are You With Me (Izuku Midoriya x Reader)

ARE YOU WITH ME

Warning: Adult Izuku Midoriya, No. 1 Pro Hero Izuku Midoriya

The darkness spread over the horizon when they finally arrived at the hotel. She waited impatiently while he spoke to the staff, quickly arranging their stay. He thanked the short ageing lady behind the counter and marched towards her. The girl looked at the tall man with messy green hair in annoyance and turned away. [Y/N] was tired, upset, and disappointed. They lost their reservation at the initial hotel they were planning to stay, because Izuku was feeling generous yet again.

"I'm sorry to keep you waiting," he said, looking at her with unconcealed love and care.

"You were taking forever," [Y/N] complained standing up and grabbing her bag.

He smiled apologetically and kissed cheek. "Sorry, they couldn't find our reservation," he gently slipped the bag out of her hand and took it himself along with the rest of their luggage.

She rolled her eyes. "Is everything good now?"

"Yeah," he handed her the swipe key with a room number on it, and she led the way to the elevator.

"We are on the second floor, and apparently there is a nice view outside our window," Izuki tried to make conversation, but [Y/N] did not make it easy. She leaned on the wall of the elevator and stared blankly at the door.

"That's exciting," she replied flatly. All she really wanted was to hop on the bed, snuggle into the duvet and not talk to him. It was so like Izuku to do everything he could to help others, even if it meant he would be taking away from himself. [Y/N] both hated and loved that trait in him, but lately she could barely contain her frustration. There were times when she wondered if their relationship was worth the sacrifices she was making. After all, for Izuku Midoriya, the No. 1 Pro Hero, she would never come first. She sighed heavily.

Izuku watched [Y/N]'s blank expression with a racing heart. [Y/N]'s been very distant lately and he knew that some of it was his fault. The thought of [Y/N] no longer feeling the same towards him was terrifying. The elevator doors slid open, and they walked out. He watched her unlock the door and start to slowly undress. She did not say a word, amplifying his fears. Their relationship was his initiative. From the very beginning she made it clear that she was not interested in dating pro heroes, but Izuku was persistent. He courted her for a year before she finally agreed to date him. The first three year were like a dream. He had never been happier in his life.

Something must have gone wrong somewhere, because when Izuku finally realized that [Y/N] was no longer being herself, the arguments became every week events. They were always one-sided, because he just listened in silence or tried to gently calm her down. In the end [Y/N] always gave in, but the gap between them continued to grow.

The getaway was his idea. All he wanted was to spend a couple of days with the woman he loved. He wanted to remind her of why she loved him. To show her how good it is to be together. And yet he still managed to mess up, but he just couldn't walk away from that young man who was desperately trying to prove to the receptionist that he made a reservation for his girlfriend's birthday. He kept flashing his online confirmation but all the receptionist could do was apologize. The hotel was fully booked. Izuku, couldn't help himself; the look of helplessness in the young man's eyes reminded the hero of himself, when he was trying to do everything he could to impress [Y/N]. Their reservation was quickly transferred to the young couple and Izuku was on the phone to try and make another one in a similar hotel.

[Y/N] took off her shoes and hanged her jacket. She could feel his gaze following her every move, but she didn't care.

"Sleepy?" he asked carefully.