I Get To Love You - Prequel (Todoroki Shouto x Reader)

I GET TO LOVE YOU - PREQUEL

Warnings: None

The winter has come. She looked out the window, watching the small snowflakes steadily fall on the ground. Snow quickly covered the streets and rooftops. It was the first time since she moved to Musutafu that it snowed during the winter. Having spent a lot of her childhood up north, where it snowed every winter, she missed the shine of the silvery-white cover, the crisp air, and the cosiness it brought every time.

A fuzzy feeling spread in her chest.

"[Y...[Y...[Y/L/N]-chan," Tamaki Amajiki called out quietly. She looked up to see him covering his face with the hood of his hero costume. "Are...are you okay?"

"Yeah," her wide smile reassured him.

"She's fine, she's just daydreaming on the job." Fat Gum chuckled while devouring a box of donuts.

Her cheeks turned pink making the older hero laugh even harder. "You can take the rest of the day off."

"What? No way!" she protested rising to her feet.

"Go on." He encouraged. "No crime in starting your leave a little earlier." He winked.

"I...thank you," she wanted to give him a hug, but feeling a little shy decided against it, instead she bowed her head as low as she could.

Fat Gum patted her on head. "See you in five days."

[Y/N] quickly said her goodbyes to the rest of the colleagues, handed her partner, Suneater, his early Christmas gift and throwing on a long coat over her hero costume, ran out of the agency.

***

Shouto walked around the room, packing his bag, when the door opened, and two blonde heads popped in.

He looked up.

"Going somewhere?" Natsuo asked, pushing the door open.

Shouto nodded.

"He's spending the holidays with [Y/N]." Fuyumi sat down on Shouto's bed looking over what her little bother was packing. A small smile crossed her lips when she noticed a neatly wrapped gift carefully packed into his travel bag.

The seriousness with which he approached the packing made her smile wider.

"Right, right," Natsuo rubbed his chin. "Then, I suppose, you are going to need these." He quickly took something out and dropped into Shouto's hands.

The youngest sibling looked at the package then back at his brother. "Why?"

Natsuo bit the inside of his cheek. "Don't tell me you don't know what they are."

"I know. I just don't understand why you are giving them to me."

Natsuo turned to Fuyumi for help.

She cleared her throat. "What Natsuo...what we are both trying to say is that you are twenty years old, you have a girlfriend...you need to be prepared." It didn't sound as cool as she wanted it to and Shouto's blank expression did not help either. "Okay, have fun, bye." Fuyumi grabbed Natsuo's arm and pulled him out of the room.

When the door closed, Shouto looked back at the shiny pack of twenty condoms. A small blush appeared on his pale face and quickly faded away. Without any further hesitation he placed them in the inner pocket of his bag, together with the ones he already had.

***

[Y/N] felt nervous as she waited for Shouto's arrival.

She sat on the floor constructing a Christmas tree out of the books she had, trying to keep herself occupied.